We do the right things, right now. We do them in a way that is relevant to our clients. Become a part of our history as it continues to be written!
If you are interested and qualified for this role, we invite you to apply.
Job Profile Summary
Attracts, develops, retains and grows successful client relationships within the Consumer Bank by focusing on business clients; across all commercial and business banking segments, that result in new core relationships at First Financial, anchored by a personal checking account as part of First Financial's Worklife Banking Program. As part of the Consumer Bank, the Worklife Specialist is responsible for developing, defining, and executing the strategy that positions First Financial as the community bank for businesses and organizations to provide or expand financial wellness benefits to their employees/members at no expense to the employer. As a Worklife Specialist, responsibilities include engaging business clients and prospects with First Financial's Worklife Banking Program through active calling, prospect meetings, decision maker presentations, employer presentations, listening sessions, and ongoing visits and follow ups. Specialists manage an existing portfolio of Worklife business clients, seek new companies to begin relationships, and identify opportunities to partner with and introduce other segment specialists and internal partners as needed. Specialists provide support, coaching, and guidance to assigned districts and banking centers, commercial partners, and FFB lines of business to promote the knowledge, development, operational execution and core account growth with the Worklife Banking Program. The Worklife Specialist reports into the Retail Bank and serves in multiple capacities. This individual contributor will work in a designated banking center, district(s) and region, and will be held accountable for executing against and achieving the stated individual and team goals and objectives of the retail and consumer bank. The specialist will proactively engage in and pursue activities that support this effort, working directly with retail teams, retail bank and program leadership, district(s) and region leadership, other segment specialists and advisors, and internal/external partners that help support the program and Worklife clients.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed to Perform Essential Functions of the Job
- Partner with Retail Banking leadership and Worklife Program Manager to execute against consumer bank strategies and objectives to attract, retain and grow core small business segment relationships, fulfill client's financial needs and provide a fIRST Class Client Experience.
- Develops and implements strategies/plans to engage districts and markets, establishes behaviors and routines to achieve success in the Wroklife segment, achieving established individual production and growth goals, district and region goals and objectives.
- Responsibility to manage, deepen and grow client relationships with a primary focus on business and commercial clients across all segments of First Financial, including subsidiaries and key partners to First Financial.
- Initiate and maintain client and prospect contact through timely and relevant contact strategy, including but not limited to client interaction in the banking center, telemarketing, digital and/or participating in various activities and events outside of normal working hours.
- Establishes personal sales plans/strategies for assigned districts and region to achieve success with companies and organizations in the market, leveraging and following up on leads and campaigns to deepen and win new opportunities.
- Proactively calls on existing and new business owners and key decision-makers to establish opportunities that drive new membership to the Worklife Banking Program, anchored with a core checking account.
- Proactively calls on and partners with internal commercial, business banking, treasury, retail, other segment partners, and lines of business within First Financial that maintain relationships with business entities and their owners/executives/directors to identify opportunities to bring the Worklife Banking Program to their employees as part of a comprehensive employee-benefit package we can be a part of.
- Open new accounts, conduct onboarding, support banking centers with introductions, follow up and all necessary work to open and maintain new and existing accounts.
- Takes on a holistic approach when presenting and discussing the Worklife Banking Program to companies and organizations, leveraging financial wellness, other segment partners and local leadership to deliver a full suite of products and services.
- Be a knowledge leader in the Worklife Banking Program, capable of presenting and organizing all efforts to deliver the program to business owners, in group settings with employees, coworkers, COIs, etc; educational offerings, bankstore materials, marketing collateral, presentation decks, products, services, relationship benefits, and all Worklife specific resources available.
- Supports Worklife Program Manager and Retail Leadership on challenging/complex situations with Worklife clients and working to identify new introductions and opportunities to succeed in every market we serve.
- Serves as a liaison and knowledge resource for financial center teams and associates with respect to the Worklife Program; educational offerings, products, services, campaigns/promotions, program enhancements, etc. that impact how we succeed with the program and driving new and deepening existing company relationships with their employees.
- Assists program manager with providing leadership, feedback and guidance that leads to improving the program and long-term success in Worklife within the assigned districts and region.
- Participates bank marketing and sales promotions, especially within the district and assigned region; contributes to initiatives and programs designed to promote organization's strategic priorities.
- Complies with all bank, loan and regulatory guidelines and policies, maintaining operational excellence with loans and deposits within the portfolio.
- Identify and develop the Worklife book of companies and organizations; providing in-market knowledge, support and involvement in fostering these relationships and uncovering opportunities.
- Regularly introduce and include nearby branch teams/leaders, segment specialists, and partners from around the bank as needed that can provide opportunities to deepen and expand the impact of First Financial with Worklife companies.
- Regularly perform group presentations and 1:1 consultation with employees of Worklife companies and their respective leaders, educating and presenting First Financial banking solutions; loans, deposits, wealth, planning, financial wellness, etc.
- Function as company's point of contact and trusted advisor for the Worklife program and employee-benefit efforts that can lead to opportunities for First Financial and partners.
- Participate and lead in the First Financial Bank Experience by being active in site center huddles, district and region meetings to support sales and service activities across the markets they serve.
- Consistently meet or exceed sales and introduction goals as set by management, by effectively collaborating with lines of business in an effort to assist clients meet their dedicated financial needs.
- Provide coaching and feedback to bank associates, educating others on activities, successes, and overall performance of the Worklife Program and strategies going forward.
- Hold periodic meetings with district and market leadership, as well as regional presidents and key stakeholders supporting the region and program, to align all resources around our plan and to prioritize actions.
- Create powerful strategic partnerships with internal and external partners to establish priorities and identify needs within the markets we serve. Build relationships that will allow us to create opportunities for FFB to partner with companies and organizations in the community to create plans, strategies, and tactics that serve the small businesses and owners.
- Leverage connections within the districts/region assigned to actively market campaigns, promotions, and products that are applicable businesses and organizations and their owners/employees.
- Accountable for performance of the district and region from a Worklife perspective, and leadership of the local teams. This is accomplished through on-going coaching, development and performance management, development planning, on-going performance feedback and coaching on results.
- Time spent in activities will fluctuate as needed to support the achievement of the customer segment goals and objectives
- This role is also responsible for the adherence to all compliance and regulatory procedures. Including, but not limited to: BSA, Check 21, CIP, CRA, HMDA, Reg B, Reg D, Reg E, Reg CC, Truth in Savings, Privacy Compliance and the Patriot Act ma
Preferred Knowledge and SkillsLevel of Complexity and ScopeDegree of Independence and Decision-MakingRequired Supervisory ResponsibilitiesPhysical RequirementsCompliance Statement
- 3-4 years client experience in banking and/or in the financial services industry with experience working with businesses and organizations or in a retail or business banking role within First Financial.
- 3-4 years sales and service experience with previous success in achieving sales and service goals in a retail or business environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience combination of education and work experience in sales preferred.
- Strong working knowledge related to consumer and commercial banking; deposits, credit, treasury, employee benefit programs, investments.
- Demonstrated success with consultative, needs-based selling.
- Experience working with senior levels of organizations with strategic planning and execution.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, organizational, managerial and project management skills, with an emphasis on presentation skills to small and large groups.
- Well-developed customer relations skills; ability to influence without authority
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- The ability to work well independently with limited direct supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Development and Training
- The associate is responsible for meeting all compliance requirements imposed on First Financial Bank by State and Federal law and regulation, as well as all related First Financial Bank policies and procedures. This includes all Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC and Suspicious Activity reporting requirements, as well as all other lending and deposit compliance requirements.
It is our policy to not discriminate against any individual in violation of federal, state, and local laws as it relates to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran/military service, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an E-Verify Employer.