Operates sewage treatment, sludge processing, and disposal equipment in wastewater (sewage) treatment plant to control flow and processing of sewage by performing the following duties. MUST HAVE GRADE II, III, or IV Operators CERTIFICATE!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Monitors control panels and adjusts valves and gates manually or by remote control to regulate flow of sewage
- Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings and tests results to determine load requirements.
- Starts and stops pumps, engines, and generators to control flow of raw sewage through filtering, settling, aeration, and sludge digestion processes.
- Maintains log of operations and records meter and gauge readings.
- Collects sewage sample and conducts laboratory tests.
- Operates and maintains power generating equipment to provide electricity for plant.
- Calculates and adjusts chemical feed rates and respectively measures and prepares chemicals.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- High School education or equivalent
- Grade II, III, or IV Wastewater Operator Certification
- A current and valid driver's license with good driving record
- Ability to operate motor vehicle, climb stairs, and lift and carry samples
- Ability to work overtime and on call
SouthWest Water Company provides essential water and wastewater services to hundreds of thousands of customers in four states. In business for more than 50 years, we provide a broad range of operation, maintenance and management services, including domestic water production, treatment and distribution; wastewater collection and treatment; and customer services.
Our water will help your career grow. The safety of our drinking water and responsible treatment and management of wastewater are critical issues in today's world. For years to come, the water and wastewater business will need people like you--dedicated professionals who want to help protect this precious resource.
We're proud of our work. Daily, we make a difference in the lives of a million people by providing them with water and wastewater services. Build yours and our planet's future with SouthWest Water Company. Don't wait. The opportunity is now. As a profitable, growing company, we're always looking for professionals who want to advance their careers, even for those who need training to do so.Why SouthWest Water?
- Be part of a high-performing team
- Advance based on skills
- Work with knowledgeable supervisors
- Enjoy personal growth on the job
- Learn and apply new skills
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Attractive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
- Paid vacation and holiday benefits
- Training and education allowance
- Certification bonus