This role will assist executive leadership of the company to manage General & Administrative Expenses (G&A), reduce or right-size costs, and understand the impact on profitability. It will assist financial business partners and Department leadership across all businesses in understanding and validating spending levels, manage costs, and improve profitability. This role will also identify opportunities to enhance business metrics and analyses to facilitate better business decision making. This role will perform deep dive analysis into any and all departments and recommend changes/improvements to spending levels and or expense process improvements.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding and subject-matter-expertise with each of the processes being evaluated.
- Propose and implement improvements to data, hierarchies/reporting structures, expense policies, and ideal spending levels for each department being evaluated.
- Implement the use of additional expense monitoring metrics to evaluate performance.
- Use historical experience and third-party databases to understand and communicate best practices for each department and process in order to improve efficiency
- Partner closely with the Global Expense Management team, the Claims team, and the newly developed IT Finance team to understand deliverables, share best practices, and assure efficiencies.
- Areas include determining ideal headcount levels by process/department, Claims and litigation processes, front office costs, corporate costs, and other back office costs.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Finance, Accounting or Economics (MBA a plus)
- 12+ years of relevant Expense Management experience (Insurance industry preferred)
- Proven ability to understand, track, report and analyze ULAE, ALAE and related third-party spend
- Expense modelling experience
- Headcount management experience
- Financial expense business partnering
- Familiarity with GAAP and Statutory accounting
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpretive skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task and work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Due to the nature of this role modest travel may be required
- Experience with Data Visualization tools (e.g., PowerBI and Tableau)
- Expertise with Excel and Powerpoint (proficiency with other Microsoft Office products)
- Expertise with Oracle General Ledger and related reporting databases
The salary range for this role is $180,000 - $200,000. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Jersey City, New Jersey.
Base pay offered may vary depending on, but not limited to education, experience, skills, geographic location, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics. This range may be modified in the future.
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
This job has expired.