As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/ Overview:
Under the general direction the Mass General Brigham Telecommunications Administration Manger, the Telecommunications Administrator I is responsible for supporting the day to day activities of the Telecom department including work order requests and support of Telecom systems, equipment, and applications including Cisco UCM, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco CER, UCCE along with Cellular troubleshooting and support.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating, editing and closing Pinnacle Telephone work orders as requested. This includes coordination of software changes and scheduling technician work as needed.
- Routinely monitors Service manager /Service Now database for assigned work tickets including user requests for Adds, Moves, Changes, phone repair, voicemail password resets, and training
- Tier 1 troubleshooting and escalation as needed in Cisco Call manager, Unity Connection, and UCCE.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining telephone set inventory as well as ancillary supplies including cables, cords, accessories and specialty items.
- Works closely with end users to resolve any billing questions including fund number changes or billing discrepancies. Assists with vendor invoice approval process and reporting.
- Works with Hospital departments and vendors as needed to coordinate testing, implementing and repair of services including overhead paging, fax servers, IVR's and other applications.
- Works with end users and Cellular carriers to support, troubleshoot and resolve cellular issues along with ordering service throughout the Enterprise.
- Responsible for participating in scheduled staff and vendor support meetings as well as providing regular updates to the Telecommunications Team Leader as required
- Use/s the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three Plus years' experience in a customer service-related position.
- Experience supporting Cellular including troubleshooting, resolution and ordering in an Enterprise environment.
- General understanding of the Telecommunications Department in a multi-site healthcare system is preferred.
- One to three years' experience with Cisco Call Manager and Voice Mail systems or the equivalent is preferred.
- A combination of education and experience may be substituted for requirement
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with cross functional teams including staff at all levels of the organization
- Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage multiple customer priorities at a given time.
- Ability to prioritize and work with designated support groups as needed
- Requires minimal direction from leadership and possesses the ability to learn quickly
- No direct reports; may indirectly provide leadership and guidance to less seasoned and new staff
- No direct budgetary responsibility
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by effectively using Mass General Brigham resources
MGB has implemented special remote working policies due to COVID-19. These policies are subject to change; however, it is currently expected that this position will work remotely (e.g. from home) full time through September 2021
- Standard Office Environment
- Possible local travel to Mass General Brigham sites
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear; use hands to finger; handle; or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
This job has expired.