The Daniel Felix Ritchie School of Engineering and Computer Science at the University of Denver is creating the future of technology by providing an education emphasizing cross-disciplinary knowledge. Faculty members are creating multidisciplinary education and research programs that anticipate technological trends in research and industry. Students conduct leading edge research that combines traditional computer science with emerging disciplines to create unique solutions to old and new problems and opportunities.
We invite applications for a non-tenure track Visiting Teaching Assistant Professor for the 2021-2022 academic year beginning September 1, 2021. The visiting appointment is a one-year contract, renewable on a yearly basis.
The Department of Computer Science at the University of Denver is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We especially encourage applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities, and veterans.
The individual will be responsible for teaching primarily undergraduate and graduate level computer science courses. Duties include teaching six courses per year in a quarter-based system, advising students, and participating in department and university service. These positions do not require research. The successful applicant will have a demonstrated ability to teach Computer Science courses, especially at the undergraduate level, a strong passion for teaching, a commitment to justice, equity, diversity and inclusivity.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to teach computer science courses.
- Diverse portfolio of teaching abilities, able to teach multiple classes on different topics.
- Solid understanding of modern computer science and computer science pedagogy.
- An inclusive mindset.
- PhD degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Previous experience teaching computer science courses.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with culturally responsive teaching methods and/or pedagogies to effectively engage broadly diverse student populations.
Review of applications will begin immediately.
Applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled. Special Instructions
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs
to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is UC.Salary Range
The salary range for this position is $65,000 - $70,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate's sex or any other protected status.Benefits
The University of Denver
offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver
.Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter that includes what courses and areas you are especially interested and qualified to teach
- Curriculum Vitae indicating teaching experience
- Course evaluations (if applicable)
- A one-page teaching statement that includes information about how you will advance our inclusive excellence commitment through your teaching and service.
- Names and contact information of three references
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.Advertised:
April 26, 2021 Applications close:
This job has expired.