Braun Intertec is looking for a Vice President of Technical Practice to join our Engineering & Testing (E&T) Division.
The E&T Division provides client-focused services on a wide range of projects serving nearly every market sector. Our primary services include geotechnical and geo-structural engineering, construction materials testing, and laboratory testing, with several specialties within these spaces.
The Vice President of Technical Practice is responsible for overseeing the technical quality and innovation aspects of our E&T practices. This individual partners with our E&T Service Delivery and Client Development leaders to grow Braun Intertec through leveraging and expanding our technical resources, driving quality and consistency of our service delivery, and innovating for our Clients. This individual will share ownership of achieving our strategic goals with our Service Delivery and Client Development leadership.
The Vice President of Technical Practice will provide leadership and direction to our E&T Practice Leaders and Managers. The role also interacts on a regular basis with other leaders within our Drilling, Environmental Consulting, Nondestructive Examination, and Building and Structure Sciences Divisions where collaboration is necessary to meet Client needs and achieve corporate objectives.
Candidates must live near or be willing to relocate to one of our office locations in ND, MN, IA, KS, TX or LA.
Duties and Responsibilities
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Partnering with our Service Delivery and Client Development leadership to maintain an appropriate balance between technical, service delivery, and Client development goals.
- Leading the strategic vision for the technical excellence, quality and consistency of our existing and new services within our E&T Division.
- Leading the continual assessment of the technical needs of our Clients and geographic business units, and leading a plan to train and/or hire to meet those needs.
- Develops and manages a systematic innovation vetting process based on client and client market sector needs
- Leading the development, management and improvement of client facing business processes through our Quality Management Systems.
- Developing and managing our technical training program.
- Direct the maintenance and application of quality assurance and quality control processes, and the design and application of corrective actions as required.
- Partnering with Divisional leaders to establish and manage cross-discipline training.
- Leading the selection and maintenance processes for our licensed software and internal calculation tools.
- Leading the strategy and organization of our industry participation and thought leadership.
- At least 15 years' total experience in the professional engineering and field-related services, including a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated strengths with management and leadership of professional engineering and testing services.
- Demonstrated experience to lead and to win through leveraging the skills and growth of your team members.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities across an organization, have an adaptive work style, and have the ability to work cooperatively with a diverse staff and business conditions.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit along with sound Client-focused problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- BS (MS or PhD degree preferred) in civil, geological, geotechnical or structural engineering from an accredited university, with current professional engineering licensure in at least one state.
Braun Intertec is a Drug-Free Workplace and requires all new hires to complete a pre-employment drug screen test, criminal background check, and motor vehicle report.
Braun Intertec employees are encouraged to expand their skills and certifications through company provided training and mentoring.
Braun Intertec offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, PTO, Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and paid holidays.As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.Braun Intertec strives to ensure that its careers web site is accessible to all. If you need assistance completing your online application, please email email@example.com.As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Braun Intertec is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your e-mail, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.