Vice President Communications
The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
Position Summary: Responsible for all activities related to communications, public relations, and governmental affairs.
Responsible for developing and managing public relations, communications and implementing a comprehensive public relations plan to support corporate objectives, communicating the organization's position on topics and issues to internal and external stakeholders. Arranges PR campaigns, conducts focus groups, surveys and special events. Responds to requests for information from the media or designates another appropriate spokesperson or information source.
This position will assist the President & CEO with strengthening YKHC's relationships with local, state and federal governments and their representatives; as well as our business partners and community partners, and also assist with monitoring state and federal legislation.
Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Five years of executive level experience in communications, public relations and/or governmental affairs with three years of executive supervisory experience. A proven record of success as a member of a CEO's senior team is required, especially in governmental affairs at the state and federal level. Experience at companies with a workforce of 500+ is preferred.
- Member of applicable accredited professional organization.
- Media equipment, office equipment, computers, etc.
- Should have thorough understanding of the culture and the needs of the Tribes of the YK Delta Region and acute business acumen. Such knowledge is critical in order to ensure the achievement of the mission and vision of YKHC.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Positive image and demonstrated effective working relationships with local and statewide media representatives.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal customers.
- Ability to acquire and effectively utilize a comprehensive knowledge of YKHC services and mission, vision and values in order to provide appropriate guidance to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills. Bilingual Yup'ik/English preferred.
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
ID:15044Location:BethelDepartment:AdministrationEmployment Duration:80 Full timeTemporary Status:Not ApplicableHours per Week:40
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 543-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)
This job has expired.