UX Designer II
Would you like to help create a smooth user-experience?
Do you enjoy collaborating with teams to create amazing customer products?
About our Team: Our team ensures a flawless and enjoyable user-experience to help our customers advance science. We strive to gain a deep understanding of their needs and design solutions to help them reach their goals. We collaborate to create a superior user-experience by observing high standards of research and applying user-centered-design principles to create innovative products.
About the Role
As a Senior UX Designer, you will partner closely with cross-functional engineering and product teams working on internal tools that utilize machine learning to analyze scientific research.
In this role, you will build on existing knowledge and drive the project forward by identifying the problems, designing workflows, and creating new products. You will have the opportunity to manage complex UX challenges as well as Visual Design and Design Systems work.
- Partner with product managers and developers to define the roadmap, ensure strategic alignments and processes are effectively aligned
- Collaborate with designers on different products across Elsevier to align experiences.
- Plan, conduct, and document user sessions, surveys, and experiments that develops a deep understanding of user needs.
- Create concept designs for new products, taking them from discovery to implementation.
- Running workshops, ideate and prototype quickly, produce detailed design deliverables to ship your designs into production.
- Ensuring that the product design meets user needs and is aligned achieving the business goals and the development team
Work in a way that works for you
- Demonstrate extensive design experience and broad UX ability covering User Research, User Experience (UX), and User Interface Design (UI)
- Poses a solid UX/UI design portfolio with experience. The portfolio would illustrate experiences in designing shipped products and services that meet user needs, requirements, and business goals
- Have great hands-on experience in planning, conducting, and analyzing User Research and User Testing
- Demonstrate proficiency and attention to detail on being able to produce high-fidelity designs and prototypes using tools such as Figma or similar
- Ability to build by using existing pattern libraries and contribute to these designs
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, family leave and tuition reimbursement, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and long-term goals.
Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
• Comprehensive, multi-carrier health plan benefits
• Disability insurance
• Dependent Care and Commuter Spending Accounts
• Life and Accident Insurance
• Retirement Benefits (Salary Investment Plan/Employer Stock Purchase Plan)
• Modern Family Benefits, including adoption and surrogacyAbout Us
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world's grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.Join Us
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.