CALSTART is hiring a Utility Coordinator to join the Clean Fuels and Infrastructure team for this exciting new role. You will primarily support a growing number of incentive programs within the CALSTART portfolio and function as a liaison between the utilities industry and the Clean Fuels and Infrastructure team.
Additionally, the Utility Coordinator will:
- You will build, create, and maintain a list of make-ready programs within California.
- Develop or deepen your subject matter expertise on make-ready programs throughout California.
- Will perform involving utilities and infrastructure related capabilities and history as needed.
- Maintain and foster relationships with utilities across the broad CALSTART portfolio.
- Identify key members from the utility industry, support coordination efforts between state and utility incentive projects, organize working groups, provide technical assistance, support industry conferences, and participate in other CALSTART events.
- You will build on our current reporting system and provide monthly utility reports to all the major utilities related to incentives programs administered by CALSTART within California.
- Work closely with the GIS Analyst II to support the evaluation of grid capacity and availability to enable successful deployment of ZEV infrastructure.
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With more than 30 years of experience, we work with both public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with these member companies and the broader industry, including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers, to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road vehicles), fuels, and mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing, and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Civil Engineering, Urban Planning, Environmental Science, or other related field.
- 1-3 years of experience with utilities and clean technology
- Ability to write clearly, persuasively, and concisely
- Strong communication, presentation, time management, and organizational skills
- Familiarity with California geography and utility territories
- Occasional travel throughout California may be required
- Remote work is allowed.
- Local hire is preferred (Los Angeles/Pasadena) area
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Excel and pivot tables
Salary and Benefits
- Experience in the clean transportation sector
- Familiarity with make-ready programs is a plus
- Competitive annual salary based on experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work
- Committed to employee growth and development
If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply for this role. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
This job has expired.