At AstraZeneca, we're not afraid to do things differently. We're resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, ground-breaking and innovative methods and bringing unexpected teams together. AstraZeneca is organized around 3 business units, BioPharmaceuticals (BBU), Oncology and Rare diseases. The BBU's ambition is to transform care for billions of people. We focus on development and commercialization within our Vaccines & Immune Therapies; Respiratory & Immunology; Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Renal; and therapeutic areas.
Global Insights, Analytics & Commercial Excellence (GIACE) is a strategic function, critical for enabling success in the growth of the BBU business. Our ambition is empower our Commercial teams through the generation of compelling evidence and insights, while ensuring they have the tools and skills to deliver impactful launches that change the practice of medicine for the benefit of patients. GIACE is building an industry-leading team which support both the US and Global organisations.
The aim of the Vaccines and Immune therapy Insights, Analytics, and Forecasting team is to shape winning strategies across the full product lifecycle:
- Guide disease and R&D capability strategy to increase the value of our pipeline.
- Influence go-to-market and commercialization strategy to ensure readiness for launch.
- Drive maximum value of our products for HCPs, patients and AZ
We leverage, reapply, and advance capabilities and operations from the Global and US more broadly across geographies. We do this with efficiency and simplicity so that continuous innovation can be pursued.
We are looking for leaders who have the passion to drive business results and bring innovation to what we do for greater impact.Job Description - U.S. Forecasting Director, Vaccines and Immune Therapies
As the Forecasting Director, you will be a critical business partner with the U.S. brand team, producing brand forecasts to advise our strategic and in-market decisions. Y
- Build and lead Clear, Robust, Bold forecasts, well supported by evidence, insights & analytics. You will incorporate the work from the cross functional team the forecast models.
- Your forecasts will advise clinical development and go-to-market decisions as well as setting expectations on commercial performance.
- You will collaborate with the team on how to handle risks and opportunities for the business.
- You will build patient based forecast models and ensure alignment on forecast assumptions and other critical analytical assessments with business partners including Marketing, Sales, Market Access and Pricing, Market Research, Global Marketing and Insight, Finance, and Sales Operations
- You will proactively identify key business issues that impact short-term and long-range product and market forecasts; and clearly raise these issues with the cross functional team
You will have marketing and research experience, as well as deep forecasting and quantitative technical skills. As such, you will both be technically sound and be a proactive internal consultant, making valuable contributions to AstraZeneca's commercial organization. Through your outstanding interpersonal skills, and your understanding of the market, industry, you will craft winning strategies, and you will help achieve our ambition to improve billions of lives.Key Responsibilities:
- Perform strategic long-term brand and franchise forecasting for key markets, and provide strategic perspective / mentorship on portfolio and brand strategy. Coordinate / interact with key markets on sales forecasts during strategic planning process
- Proactive identify brand risks and opportunities, and strategies for how to address them to deliver business success. Perform sensitivity analysis to assist in opportunity and risk management.
- Develop brand-new product introduction volume forecasts, both short-term and long-term, to nurture into strategic and operational planning processes.
- Partner with Pricing & Access and Finance colleague to understand market access and price impact, assist estimation of SMM, and support development of brand P&Ls
- Summarize and present findings through various communication channels
- Develop a deep understanding of internal customers' data and analytical needs focusing on the customer-facing model leadership
- Apply deeper technical skills and knowledge that is shared across the functional area (e.g., deep knowledge of key data sets, modeling capabilities, etc.)
- Demonstrate a high level of understanding of the points of integration of our work and that of our colleagues.
- Proactively leverage appropriate information into forecast via a variety of tools and sources
- Supervise the external environment to stay up to date on leading analytic capabilities, both within and outside of pharma, which can be applied within the organization
- 8+ years of analytical experience, 5 years in Health Care Industry including experience in product forecasting. In-depth knowledge of forecasting techniques and use of different forecast models and approaches.
- Strong understanding of primary market research, advanced analytics, and competitive intelligence.
- Multiple-year Pharma experience, making recommendations on major drivers of product success advising on drug development process and Health Care environment.
- Reportable accomplishments around converting derived insight into strategic mentorship
- Outstanding eye for business, strategic thinking and understanding of sales and marketing business practices
- Ambitious mentality to impact leadership and high emotional intelligence
- Experience advising senior level executives, and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to influence laterally and vertically
- High degree of creativity and innovation in developing innovative approaches, processes and methodologies
- Outstanding analytical expertise, excellent financial modelling and forecasting skills
- Strong, clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Multiple-year U.S. Pharma experience, including commercial opportunity assessment
- First-hand delivery of primary and secondary market research.
- Building, deploying, and embedding capabilities into an organization.
- Utilising a range of analytics involving standard data in the Pharmaceutical Industry e.g. IQVIA (MIDAS, DDD NPA, Monthly Xponent), claims data (Truven, Marketscan), epidemiological data etc
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.