Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently sourcing for a Driver to join our team in Hermiston, Oregon.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required .
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Communicate necessary information to bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable company, state and federal regulations.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, or covers.
- Load and unload trucks, or help others with loading and unloading, operating any special loading-related equipment on vehicles and using other equipment as necessary.
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods.
- Perform emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires and installing light bulbs, tire chains, and spark plugs.
Skills / Qualifications
- Current valid Commercial Drivers' License with appropriate endorsements
- Meet and maintain a current Department of Transportation physical
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate);
- Over 1 year experience, up to and including 2 years experience.
- Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Active Listening - Ability to follow instructions and meet set standards for hauling and scheduling
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Reading Comprehension - Read and interpret road maps or driving directions. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Be able to judge distances and weights accurately. Ability to respond in an emergency.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.