MV Transportation is seeking a Transit Analyst who is responsible for the collection, maintenance, analysis, and reporting of MV Contracted transit services, including key performance indicators, metrics, operational statistics, and reporting. The Transit Analyst will perform analysis using spreadsheets, and present alternatives and make recommendations to operational processes and procedures to improve service efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data related to transit services.
- Monitor and evaluate data collection activities, processes, and procedures.
- Make recommendations, develop, and implement standard operating procedures to standardized and improve data collection efforts.
- Compile data from multiple sources and reconcile to ensure accuracy.
- Develop, implement, and maintain data collection, warehousing, and analytic tools. Provide analytical and database support to the Operations Department and other Departments as requested.
- Analyze existing manual and electronic processes and make recommendations for technology driven processes.
- Develop and maintain data for key performance indicators and business metrics and make recommendations based on this information.
- May perform operational analysis by observing and analyzing schedules, service patterns, equipment utilization and run assignments.
- Assist with the evaluation of operational and financial data to assess route performance and make recommendations to improve service efficiency and effectiveness.
- Create and prepare detailed periodic analytical reports, compliance reports, and numerous ad-hoc reports for presentation to internal and external customers.
- Generate reports, presentations, graphics, forms, and other documents to communicate operational information.
- Make presentations and provide information to decision makers.
- Respond to internal and external requests for operational data, including but not limited to service levels and performance, routing, and schedules.
- Complete operational research as required.
- Assist with Quality Assurance tasks, as needed.
- Perform other duties or projects of similar nature as assigned.
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
- Associate's degree in accounting, finance, business administration, public administration, urban or transportation planning, or other related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional experience, preferably in public transportation or similar environment.
- Modern office methods, procedures, and use of computer equipment.
- Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Principles and practices of transit operations, planning, and/or service development preferred.
- Work independently to perform a variety of functions while working in a dynamic environment with changing priorities to meet established deadlines.
- Demonstrate analytical skill and high level of discretion and judgement to support and inform decision making processes.
- Establish cooperative working relationships and communicate effectively with internal and external staff, both verbally and in writing.
- Exhibit problem-solving skills and exceptional customer service.
- Has the desire to care for the organization's well-being and for the co-workers he/she interacts with.
- Be open to collaborate and work in a team-oriented and helping environment.
- Possess a positive attitude, and ability to practice good judgement, while open to receiving/providing feedback.
- Foster a culture that values critical thinking and problem solving; and encourages constructive feedback and engagement.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.