Valid USA is a secure, make-it-happen partner. We are a global company with a market capitalization of more than $1 billion and 6,000 associates worldwide. Our job is to ensure every solution is seamless and secure - whether it's for big data, payment cards, government issued identification, mobile financial services or highly targeted direct marketing campaign management. Our website is www.valid.com.
The 1st Shift Technical Support Supervisor for the Finishing Department will be responsible for the supervision of plant production performance as it relates to efficiencies, schedule execution, production goals, quality and process standards, and team development of our staff members in the Finishing department. Some overtime will be required during peak production periods.
What will you do?
What are we looking for?
- Identify and troubleshoot technical issues within the Finishing department.
- Supervise plant operations for the Finishing department.
- Coordinate production activities with other supervisors and Team Leads to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Maintain production reports to control profits, plans, and budget.
- Establish and monitor performance for production and quality standards.
- Control and minimize labor overtime through planning and scheduling of work.
- Review and analyze production quality control and work with Quality team to address any quality issues.
- Confer with management to revise production schedules as a result of equipment failures or operating problems.
- Incorporate shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
- Provide direction, development and leadership to production team.
- Coordinate temp staffing needs with General Manager and Human Resources.
- Effectively communicate compliance on policies, procedures, processes, and general company information.
- Maintain accountability of employees to meet plan hours/cost and due dates to achieve project profitability and to continuously improve cost performance over time.
- Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned.
What we offer:
- 5+ years of experience working in a manufacturing plant environment.
- High School diploma required; Associate's or Bachelor's degree is a plus.
- 2+ years' work experience in a manufacturing/operations leadership role.
- Experience in the plastic card industry is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of engineering, manufacturing practices, logistics, safety, quality, purchasing and materials management.
- A customer focused team player with excellent communication, strong problem solving and organizational skills. Past experience leading teams, departments, and developing teams.
- Understanding and implementation of Lean manufacturing and GMP.
- Advanced leadership skills driven by values that support the objectives of the company.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and a service orientation.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and excellent platform skills.
- Must possess high standards of personal integrity.
- Willingness to work overtime and a flexible schedule as needed to meet production goals.
- Must comply with drug test and background check process if hired.
- Benefits are effective on the 1st of the month following date of hire and include a choice of medical insurance options under BC/BS as well as dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverages, 401(k), two weeks of vacation plus 6 days of Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays with no waiting period.