Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently searching for a Technical Safety Engineer - Action Tracking and Environmental Studies to participate on projects out of the Wood Houston - Park Ten campus. Project scope may vary, but will primarily focus on providing input to activities and deliverables studies pertaining to Safety Action Tracking and Performance Standards, as well as Environmental Study support. Projects include both onshore and offshore facilities.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Candidates should possess the following skills and attributes:
- Uses advanced technical knowledge to perform Technical Safety work with guidance and direction from more senior staff. Will participate on individual safety studies on projects ranging from smaller scale to large and complex projects.
- Participate in qualitative and quantitative assessments on a wide assortment of projects, resulting in individual evaluations of potential consequences associated with a variety of project hazards.
- Understanding of studies ranging from facilitated workshops (HAZID, HAZOP, etc.) to desktop assessments for the purposes of supporting formal Action Tracking efforts.
- Participate in the development and review environmental studies and assessments on a wide assortment of projects. Versed in preparation of related deliverables including: Environmental Impact Assessments, Hazardous Waste Registers, Chemical Compatibility Matrix, Waste Minimization Plans, Spill Prevention Plans, Decarbonization, etc.
- Strong communication and interface skills between the technical safety team and other engineering disciplines.
- Support project management personnel with regular reporting, scheduling, staffing planning and coordination.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of technical safety and/or process safety engineering experience
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Occasional field visits, climbing stairs, ladders and lifting up to 25 lbs.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.