Job Description Summary
Leads team members to identify, manage, and execute the plant's process improvement opportunities. Manages production staff to attain production and quality goals. Identifies problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolves issues. Ensures production resources including materials, equipment and human resources are available as needed to maintain production schedules. Supports continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, cost and customer service. Responsible for managing and owning various functions of the business and creating an engaged and team oriented work force in order to improve business results.
• Monitor production to ensure that quality, productivity, and cost standards are maintained.
• Provide employee training to ensure that employees are performing job responsibilities effectively.
• Assist with the supervision of sanitation operations as necessary to promote and maintain a clean and food safe environment.
• Enforce plant rules, regulations and procedures.
• Evaluate subordinate performance, communicate with employees, and provide information for work performance improvement.
• Participate in the support of plant and company safety programs, promoting and maintaining a high level of awareness and adherence to defined employee safety requirements such as lock-out/tag-out, personal protective equipment, confined space entry, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Agriculture, Operations, or related fields.
• 1+ years of leadership or supervisory experience strongly preferred
• One to two years production processing experience desired
• Excellent PC skills, to include Windows, Word, and Excel
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills
• Demonstrated leadership, strong work ethic, proactive thinking, maturity, and creative capabilities
• Previous experience in a food-processing environment is highly preferred
• Ability to work weekends and/or shift work with a strong work ethic and employment history
Posted 8 minutes ago
Posted 7 minutes ago
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Posted 7 minutes ago