Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you've got big plans - so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people's lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As Team Assistant for our US based Strategy & Transformation Team you will provide administrative support to the Strategy, Business Development as well as our Analytical Center of Excellence Teams. This role reports into the Head of our Strategy & Transformation Office and together with the Executive assistance you will form a strong team. This is an excellent opportunity to support a high-performance team by proactively planning for and executing on all Teams support needs; provide a high-level of administrative support with the utmost professionalism. To achieve this, you'll use advanced administrative skills, and handle personal contacts with finesse and diplomacy. This position serves as a liaison to the senior management team; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts.
In this role, you'll develop broad and comprehensive experience, skills and knowledge in organizational policies, procedures, and practices. You will also facilitate and coordinate projects and deadlines directly or in collaboration with others. You will work independently, and carry out large scale special assignments, with minimal supervision.
- Provide advanced administrative support to the Head of ACE, Strategy, Business Development and M&A Integration
- Understand the scope and content of ongoing programs that the team is involved in and assisting with projects where necessary while prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously to ensure follow-through on issues in a timely manner
- Responsible for heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external senior executives and their assistants, as well as third party stakeholders and industry partners to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings and large-scale events
Who You are: Minimum Qualifications:
- Coordinate complex travel arrangements both international and domestic
- Ensure deadline delivery for team meeting agendas/minutes, periodic team reports, etc.
- Assist with high-level PowerPoint presentation graphics and content arrangement often intended for executive management or external partners. Maintain a library of such graphics, templates and formats
- Apply superior analytical skills to screening of routine and highly confidential responses to incoming mail, email, telephone calls and messages
- Help support buildup of the teams by setting up interview schedules for candidates, with relevant stakeholders and assist in onboarding of new members and other related activities
- Track external vendor/consultant contracts/billing/payment for the Teams. Route documents through internal process and obtain necessary signatures in a timely/efficient manner
- Develop and maintain a confidential, centralized filing system, which is linked to computer network filing structure
- Coordinate and schedule high-level business meetings
- Plan international business travel and process expense reports ensuring timely submission and accuracy
- Collaborate with internal parties at all levels to gather information and prepare reports as per the executives needs
- Bachelors degree
- 2+ years of professional experience supporting senior level management
- 2+ years utilizing Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- 3+ years of experience with SAP/Oracle AND/OR Purchase Order (PO) creation
- Associate or bachelor's degree
- Previous experience supporting senior-level management within global/matrix organizations
- Experience planning and coordinating large scale event/project management responsibilities
- Previous experience with applications software such as travel and expense management, scheduling, budgetary control
- Professional and pleasant demeanor
What we offer:
- Capability to use discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to prioritize workload and flexible to work various assignments
- Able to work independently, as well as partnering and team collaboration with other administrative assistants reporting to senior executives
- Superior customer service skills with the ability to network effectively
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills
- Attention to detail and follow-through.
- Strong team player who enjoys working with different personalities
- High level of initiative and hands-on mentality
- Excellent organizational skills (including clear prioritization and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously)
We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
This job has expired.