The primary responsibility of this role is to apply technology to resolve business problems. Under general direction, the System Support Technician will work directly with the IT HelpDesk team members to provide internal system support to all internal Enterprise customers. The incumbent will screen, refer and diagnose internal inquiries and work requests to support the organization's internal user's computer hardware and software. Provide technical support to computer users both on the telephone and face to face with a concerted focus to optimal customer service.
- Assists with internal customers and resolves lower complexity call incidents, primarily through the incoming ACD/phone system queue via phone support. Obtains foundational knowledge as referenced in the IT HelpDesk standards to triage and troubleshoot client computing devices and peripherals for internal enterprise customers. Peripherals include, but not limited to mobile devices, tablets, printers, cameras, projectors, and similar devices.
- In a learning capacity performs asset management by maintaining accurate and up-to-date equipment inventory and configuration details by location.
- Updates support documentation and user references (i.e. faxing, operating system, and Microsoft Office applications), as necessary, for client computing.
- Communicates with internal customers related to software and hardware issues and problem solving.
- In a learning capacity supports documentation, workarounds and solutions to customer and peers through training and communication from Systems Support Analyst I positions.
- Develops ability to provide routine troubleshooting for audio/video and conferencing equipment.
- Performs password resets for various applications and network accounts.
- Triages incidents reported to Help Desk via email or ticketing system.
- Assists with installation of computer images, and configures client software, and completes configuration of new equipment for customer deployment. Installations performed remotely or locally when necessary.
- Performs batch processes; billing.
- Completes shift production schedule.
- Performs check processes, and printing.
- Runs production reports and executes applications, as scheduled, or on demand.
- Monitors data backups of servers and databases i.e., UNIX, ORACLE, WINDOWS, and SQL.
- Assists with restore of data and archive logs, as required i.e., UNIX, ORACLE.
- Operates personal computers and peripherals to monitor systems processing and transactions. Analyzes and reports errors/issues to supervision, and appropriate application support personnel; and takes corrective action as needed.
- Performs exports of various files between various servers and purges files as necessary.
EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Powers down production print equipment as needed following a series of commands to ensure an orderly shutdown.
- Test critical production applications on demand; identifies discrepancies for resolution.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date tape library system of data tapes from all computing systems.
- Verifies off site rotation of tapes.
- Develops IT Operations process documentation to support job functions as required.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Performs print-to-mail balancing as required.
- Understand the SDLC methodology - System Development Life Cycle.
- As needed, will cover job responsibilities of Print Center technician
- Assists with scheduling and performing computer relocations associated with customer hires, position changes, and relocations as needed.
High school diploma or G.E.D. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
A minimum of two years experience working within an IT environment with business systems support or relevant experience that provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities. Six months relevant customer service duties required. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
ADDITIONAL EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND/OR ABILITIES PREFERRED:.
- Demonstrated ability to apply the HelpDesk policies, processes, procedures, and terminology.
- Demonstrated ability to apply an up-to-date technical and practical knowledge and understanding of hardware and software analysis and troubleshooting.
- Ability to handle lower complexity call incidents via phone support.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate factual and technical information to all levels of understanding.
- Knowledge of computers, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply consequences of various problem situations and take appropriate actions and/or refer problems for necessary decision making.
- Ability to proofread documents for accuracy of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and format.
- Ability to conduct research and excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to thrive under shifting demands and changing priorities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- General insurance knowledge.
- General knowledge of business units/insurance operations.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and statistical reporting.
- Ability to take conceptual information and transform it into clear and detailed documentation.
- Demonstrates creative thinking to seek out resolution to new problems.
- Displays initiative and ownership of problems.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to understand and follow safety and security practices.
- Ability to move or lift heavy objects weighing up to 40lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to accurately type 40 wpm.
- Associate degree in computer science field or related business field preferred.
- Progression toward a minimum of one industry recognized Operating System or Hardware based technical certification such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or CompTIA A+ preferred.
- Experience working within an IT HelpDesk highly preferred.
Work is performed in an office environment or in computer rooms, which may be warmer or cooler than normal offices. Travel may be required. May be called upon after-hours (including night, weekends, holidays, and other shifts) if needed. Hazards: Possible injury in working with electronic equipment. Must follow accepted safety and security procedures. REQUIRED TESTING:
(For HR use only)
Intermediate Windows, Intermediate Word, Intermediate Access, Intermediate Excel. Proofreading. Math , Reading comprehension, Typing 40 wpm
This job has expired.