Job ID: 2112226-ASHBURN-VA
Location: ASHBURN , VA , US
Date Posted: 2021-08-16
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Organizational Location: This position supports U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Targeting and Analysis Systems Program Directorate (TASPD) at CBP locations in the United States and internationally, and at designated telework locations.
Responsibilities: This position serves as an Operations Specialist (Targeting and Analysis Systems) and provides multifaceted analysis and real-time communication in support of intelligence and law enforcement operations.
In this position, you will become a key team member of SAIC and CBP professionals. Typical work assignments include:
- Creating actionable intelligence based on extrapolated data, research, and analysis
- Conducting data mining and analyzing information by using databases, applications, and services developed, operated, and maintained by TASPD
- Aggregating and analyzing tactical information in conjunction with other resources to detect and identify threats entering the U.S. and disseminate that information to CBP and DHS personnel in real time
- Training and mentoring CBP and DHS personnel in using TASPD data, applications, and services to maximize investigative and intelligence outcomes
- Researching, analyzing, and reporting on investigative and intelligence operations to enhance TASPD data, applications, and services
- Collaborating with TASPD engineering teams deploying new application features and enhancements to accelerate mission capabilities for CBP and DHS personnel
- Participating in TASPD software engineering lifecycle by providing operational expertise and interpretation in designing, developing, testing, and deploying new and enhanced capability for CBP and DHS personnel
Travel Required: Occasional travel – overnight travel may be required on a regular and recurring basis.
Requirements - Conditions of Employment: As an employee of SAIC supporting CBP, you will be joining a workforce that is dedicated to accomplishing mission objectives while maintaining the trust of our Nation by strictly adhering to ethics standards and:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this position
- Must have maintained primary U.S. residency for at least three of the last five years
- Must pass a required background investigation
- Must maintain an active security clearance (Secret, Top Secret, or Top Secret/SCI)
Requirements - Qualifications: You qualify for this position if you possess 10 or more years of specialized experience performing duties such as:
- Researching and data analysis in law enforcement and intelligence activities
- Evaluating and interpreting information from various sources
- Designing, assembling, and organizing data from multiple internal and external databases and information systems
- Utilizing a wide variety of law enforcement systems
- Collecting, researching, analyzing, interpreting, and evaluating data and information to make appropriate recommendations
- Preparing reports ad technical information
- Training and mentoring law enforcement and intelligence users with applying data, applications, and services to accomplish strategic and tactical objectives
- Collaborating with multifaceted people and teams in providing actionable intelligence supporting law enforcement and intelligence operations
- Applying knowledge of the United States Code such as Title 8, 18, and 19 and the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) to support enforcement, intelligence, and investigative operations
Education and Specialized Experience: Bachelor’s degree and/or specialized law enforcement or intelligence experience demonstrating the knowledge and skills to perform this job.
Benefits: A career with SAIC provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As an SAIC employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your career very rewarding.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
This job has expired.