The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an extensive array of instruments and systems for applications ranging from automotive R&D, process and environmental monitoring, in-vitro medical diagnostics, semiconductor manufacturing and metrology, to a broad range of scientific R&D and QC measurements. Proven quality and trustworthy performance have established widespread confidence in the HORIBA Brand.
Inspired by our unique motto, "JOY and FUN," we focus on social responsibilities by building state-of-the-art products for scientific advancement; especially for protecting health, safety, and the environment. "HORIBARIANs," the HORIBA employees all over the world, look forward to working with additional creative and entrepreneurial self-starters.
HORIBA has developed global leadership in the fields of battery, fuel cell and electrolyzer test stands, data management solutions, driveline test systems, engine test systems, brake test systems, wind tunnel balances, emissions test systems and test facility automation. In addition to its product-based applications, it offers a comprehensive suite of vehicle engineering, validation and certification services. HORIBA is able to offer its customers complete solutions, with full turnkey capability, for all industries using electric motors, internal combustion engines and turbines. These include the heavy-duty, light-duty, off-road, marine, defense, aerospace and rail sectors.
HORIBA is recruiting for a System Engineer/Alternative Energy based out of our Ann Arbor, MI office. This position will create fuel cell and electrolyzer system design/configuration; provides costing and equipment support in conformance with customer requirements. Proficient on fuel cell and electrolyzer test system design and function consisting of electrical and mechanical devices, instrumentation, hydraulic & pneumatic systems, controls, and related sub-system components.
- Creates and/or updates all required technical documentation including engineering drawings, system configuration documentation and process & instrumentation diagrams, layout drawings, instructions or other documentation for per customer specification or system design.
- Supports sales and marketing by providing cost estimates, reviewing requests for quotation, proposal preparation, and traveling to customer sites to provide technical support with subject matter expertise.
- Establishes effective two-way communications with counterparts in other HORIBA group companies to share expertise and stay up to date with both technical and company developments.
- Creates schedule for planning and design implementation and documentation required to manufacture, perform quality assurance, install, certify and service the equipment.
- Understands and implements applicable safety standards to product and system design, as well as complies with HORIBA health & safety, environmental, quality and other process such as CAPA and Blackjack. Demonstrates support for and actively participates in the HORIBA continuous improvement philosophy.
- Recognizes industry and customer challenges and creates innovative solutions to resolve them and further develop HORIBA product portfolio.
- Provides operational and application input to the development of customized software and system controls.
- Requires working knowledge of system design and engineering, data acquisition and control systems, test stand power engineering, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, including regulators, pumps, solenoid valves, pressure transducers, heat exchangers and other related components, as typically may be gained through a bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent experience.
- Requires ability to read and create flow schematics for hydraulic & pneumatic systems and ability to create electrical and controls diagrams.
- Must have working knowledge of fuel cell & electrolyzer test system design.
- Requires problem-solving skills and analytical skills; strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; working knowledge of application software tools.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call (734) 213.6555 x 3815 for assistance. HORIBA will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able to participate in the hiring process. HORIBA is committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities.
EEO/Affirmative Action/Veteran Status/Disabilities.
This job has expired.