JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
The IT System Administrator and Security Compliance Coordinator position is a hybrid role incorporating system support and administration of the CargoWise One (C1) Application and Security Group Compliance functions within the C1 system.
This position supports the Information Technology Department as well as Global Process Compliance, Human Resources, Accounting, Finance, Operations, and other departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain security groups, monitoring/auditing activity as necessary, and manage membership assignment
- Train regional and local administrators on System Administration and other related topics
- Document system settings and changes as required, and monitor user training when applicable
- Serve as Level 3 support for the C1 application
- Maintain listing of approved global positions and related job descriptions
- User administration: Setup and Maintenance - Keep employee records up to date by processing employee status changes within C1 in a timely manner, including deactivation of terminated employees, creating new employee profiles, and revising rights as required
- Audit staff profiles and security groups and advise stakeholders of any changes. Maintain HR information systems within C1 and compile reports as needed
- Set up JAS and Agent Organizations: Configure Branch, Company and Agent setup and revision including change of address and branch mapping.
- When managers are unavailable, ensures Organizations are entered as temporary Orgs
- Collaborate with local IT resources to assist in warehouse setup (location and package types), import products for warehouse and brokerage from legacy systems.
- Import IATA rates and train local IT resources on how to import IATA rates
- Provide Vessel upload and data in conjunction with Master Data Management and integration Team members
- Provide Global HR with Go-Live implementation support related to staff records and system setup when onboarding countries
- Coordinate workflow and procedures between Global HR, Compliance and the IT department
- Update charge codes after approval is received and make Tax ID changes as needed including overriding settings and editing/distributing messages as needed.
- C1 Incident Management: Review, troubleshoot and resolve C1 incidents, or escalate as appropriate. Assign a criticality to incidents and monitor open tickets. Maintain update communication and confirm resolution with end users or CargoWise. Close incident after resolution is confirmed. Compile feature requests based on incident information and submit change requests within C1 according to standard process
- Printers: Assist local IT resources in printer setup within the C1 application. Manage printer assignment according to login groups
- Monitor customer service tasks queue for administration requests. Provide support to end users whenever possible, or escalate to CargoWise
- Communicate changes to system end users when necessary
- Manage Process Controller Service for tasks and stop or restart as needed.
- Provide Champion user and INTTRA setup for subsidiaries
- Assign Bank Accounts to General Ledger and confirm with International Finance Department, add Bank Accounts to Production environment
- Accounting Authority: Confirm authority setup as based on matrix. Work with the VP of Accounting Compliance for specific changes or issues.
This job has no supervisor responsibilities.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and CargoWise One
- A solid understanding of the Freight Forwarding Industry, C1 Application and JAS organizational structure and processes
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Problems solving approach, root cause identification skills, and critical thinking skills
- Ideal candidate will hold a Bachelors degree in a related field.
- Freight forwarding industry experience is a plus.
- Experience as a system / software trainer is a plus.
Follow the Company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct and all subsidiary and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company's business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.
This job has expired.