Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a growing 1500+ person firm with 10 practices: Structural Engineering, Forensics, Applied Science, Renewal, Resilience, Construction Engineering, Protective Design and Security, Facade Engineering, Sustainability and Transportation. We work on everything from landmark buildings to small-scale specialty structures, from the historic to the high performing, while balancing multiple objectives, including form, function, schedule, sustainability, constructability and budget. TALENT is at the core of our business.
Our Sustainability practice collaborates with clients and project partners to integrate successful green solutions into the planning, design, construction and operation of buildings, reducing their environmental impact at every stage of their life cycle. We use whole-systems thinking and leading-edge analytical tools to develop innovative solutions that balance economic, social and environmental factors. Our experienced team offers sustainable design strategies, energy analysis, green building certification consulting, sustainability analysis and upgrades for existing structures, along with education and training.
Thornton Tomasetti is seeking a Sustainability Consultant to work in theNew York office.
The candidate is well-organized, possessing the ability to coordinate consulting on multiple projects and manage project team members to achieve desired results. Candidates must be proficient in sustainable building strategies and systems, and familiar with both commercial and residential construction techniques.
- Collaborate and support building sustainable certification strategies and building energy optimization services to architects and owners/developers.
- Perform sustainability analysis on buildings and master planning on all scales.
- Perform and/or support sustainability certification work on projects of all scales: LEED, WELL, fitwel, Passive House, Living Building Challenge.
- Participate in and support the development of practice-wide sustainability services.
- Support synergies with other TT Practices: Structure, Facade, Renewal, Applied Science, Protective Design, and Transportation.
- Support synergies with CORE Group.
- Work with the NY Practice leader to network and build professional relationships in the NYC area. Attend conferences, events, and join committees (when appropriate).
- Background in building science, architectural, engineering, or construction field.
- 2+ years of experience in sustainability consulting.
- At a minimum, a Bachelor's degree and a LEED Green Associate credential or LEED Accredited Professional or ability to obtain credential within six months of employment.
- Experience with other third-party certifications such as LEED, WELL, Passive House, Living Building Challenge.
- Technical knowledge in the building industry and ability to navigate all aspects of construction documentation.
- Familiarity with local, state, and federal building codes.
- Team oriented and the ability to work independently.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel.
Thornton Tomasetti is proud to be an equal employment workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Thornton Tomasetti are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. (US Locations Only)
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
This job has expired.