Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing large and small metal, plastic, fiber and hybrid packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, beverage, personal care and pharmaceuticals to chemicals, petrochemicals, agrochemicals and paints. Bringing together the very best of its four legacy companies- BWAY, MAUSER Group, NCG and ICS-Mauser Packaging Solutions offers its customers true sustainability at scale.
The Supplier Quality and Development Engineer will work with the Quality Director to provide technical process support for production, purchasing, engineering, and plant quality teams. This position shall:
• Improve the Mauser Packaging Solutions supplier quality program by establishing a robust PPAP process, ensuring expectations are documented and discussed with suppliers and internal stakeholders, and supplier performance metrics are reviewed and acted upon accordingly.
• Provide plant support with Statistical Process Control (SPC) and execution of quality improvement projects
• Support internal Quality Management System (QMS) audits across nine plants
This position requires >50% travel.
• Be the Voice of the Customer in supplier development efforts
• Enhance supplier quality program to cover raw materials, semi-finished goods, and finished goods - outlining responsibilities for all stakeholders, documenting standard processes, timelines, and expectations
• Develop criteria for preferred suppliers and monitor supplier corrective action effectiveness
• Balance purchasing needs with plant capabilities and customer expectations
• Provide analysis and report performance KPIs for suppliers and plants
• Facilitate SPC training sessions for plant leaders and floor personnel to support internal quality processes
• Execute internal audits and assist with preparations for external audits
• Support plant continuous improvement efforts
Education and Experience:
• 7+ years of supplier quality and/or supplier development with a background in quality assurance or process control
• Additional 5+ years in a manufacturing plant in a quality, manufacturing, or engineering capacity
• Bachelor's degree in STEM field required
• Experience performing quality audits, certified quality auditor preferred
• SPC program implementation experience preferred
• Lean Six Sigma certification a plus
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Expertise in supplier process improvement principles and a structured approach to problem solving
• Demonstrated experience with process auditing, QMS auditing
• Strong communication and computer skills (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Minitab)
• Ability to train SPC fundamentals and analyze process capability
• Ability to work independently
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail - right first-time approach
• Results oriented
Mauser Packaging Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.