Our After-Hours team is seeking a highly flexible Supervisor of Operations to lead a team on all operational activities related to each stage of moving a shipment. You will align the team's workflow and ensure the team achieves productivity and customer service objectives by defining role expectations, providing support and resolving problems. To ensure effectiveness and efficiency you will mentor and support employee growth and development and manage performance.
*Typical hours are 6:00 pm - 2:30 am, including weekends.
- Outline employee accountabilities and expectations and provide daily coaching and manage performance to ensure productivity, quality, efficiency and service objectives are achieved.
- Provide timely feedback and problem-solving assistance via regular checkpoints and/or in response to situational needs.
- Create opportunities for experiences that support development needs.
- Encourage employee feedback through formal and informal channels. Work with next level manager to acknowledge and take action on feedback to drive a trusting culture of open two-way communication, inclusivity and continuous improvement.
- Keep employees well-informed of operational activities, initiatives, and procedures and the impact to CHR overall.
- Lead and/or participate in new employee interviews and hiring decisions.
- Work with next level manager to define staffing levels and work schedule
- Review workflow and workload and adjust where necessary to optimize available resources.
- Ensure employee compliance to standard operating procedures
- Serve as an escalation point for exceptions
- Fill in and support the work of others when needed
- Prepare operational performance reports to provide insights to employees and next level leadership related to production, expense and quality of service. Take action to improve results where needed.
- Continuously evaluate operational processes for effectiveness and efficiency and where necessary, work with next level leader to remove waste, friction and frustration.
- Ensure an understanding of available tools and systems to improve work processes and automation to ensure adoption of system changes to improve effectiveness and/or efficiency
- Engage with other network operations leaders; share observations, feedback, and ideas to drive efficiency.
- May participate in WCO or other operational improvement projects.
- 1 to 2 years of supervisory experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous supervisory experience
- Customer service experience
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- High level of quality and customer service in their work
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We're committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world's largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
This job has expired.