DRAGADOS USA is seeking a Civil Concrete Superintendent to support the construction on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel expansion project. The Superintendent will play a significant part in the success for Dragados USA. Will function as a field supervisor and may have responsibility for multiple Foreman, and/or laborers/craft workers. Will be responsible for the organization, work methods, scheduling, cost control, conformity with drawings and specification, workmanship, and assignment of work to accomplish the execution of the work, either directly or through or Foreman. Will also work to maintain positive working relationships with clients, architect/engineer, suppliers, subcontractors, and jobsite staff.
- Understand and administer the safety program to include all subcontractors, ensuring that any accidents/incidents are promptly reported
- Understand and adhere to the project schedule, ensuring that the proper methods and sequence of installation are followed, and following through with schedule commitments
- Maintain quality standards for all aspects of the project
- Control field costs for self perform and subcontract work
- Ability to understand the contract documents at a very detailed level in order to ensure project standards / requirements are constantly maintained
- Provide on-the-job training opportunities for Field Engineers and Craft; Encourages and/or participates in staff training and development
- Develop a program to maintain good client relations involving staff on site
- Maintain daily diary for record keeping purposes
- Ensure that all performance evaluations are completed in a timely fashion for direct reports
- Recommend, where appropriate, organizational, policy and procedural or staff changes
- 8+ years' work experience in the construction industry, with at least 5+ years in a supervisory role
- Previous knowledge and experience in Heavy Civil Construction require
- In depth knowledge of various construction disciplines, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, engineering drawings and other documents
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently supervise and evaluate craft performance
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Dedication to safety, proven track record of promoting safety
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems that may arise
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail is a must
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
This job has expired.