500529 - Manages multi-million dollar shipping and receiving functions and employees to ensure cost effective, efficient, and safe transportation and receipt of goods. This includes the ordering, receipt, distribution, and inventory of food, supplies, and equipment through proper execution of internal procurement and accounting functions. Collaborates with Dining Services management staff and vendors to maximize the value of purchases.
- Orders food, supplies, and equipment for all Dining Services units operating out of Dining Center, in accordance with established procedures and sustainability practices.
- In conjunction with management staff, forecasts menus and coordinate all stores activities to ensure adequate supplies.
- Monitors food and supplies usage; adjusts par inventory levels accordingly.
- Develops product specifications, recommends new product, and identifies sources.
- Will be operationally responsible and financially accountable for food costs and other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Reviews and accurately completes invoices, orders, and additional reports, logs, and paperwork in a timely manner and in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists in menu development and product selection activities.
- Prepares catering orders for pickup and care packages. Delivers and participates in catering and concessions events, as needed.
- Ensures the cleanliness of walk-in refrigerators and freezers, loading dock, storerooms, and other work areas. Records and maintains HACCP records as directed.
- Tracks sample products provided by vendors and ensures completion of associated paperwork.
- Obtains and transports food, supplies, and equipment from off-campus sources, as needed.
- Supervises receipt of all products. Confirms quantity and quality of products received.
- Reconciles purchase orders with invoices and bill-of-lading slips. Makes price changes in the computerized inventory management system. Maintains all logs.
- Submits all receiving documentation to the purchasing department.
- Responds to inquiries and researches and resolves problems related to transactions handled by the unit; serves as liaison with other constituencies in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operational issues.
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels for forecast and par levels.
- Develops and implements safety and security programs to ensure the security of all inventory.
- Manages in-house requisition orders and pull sheets for menu production.
- Completes and maintains inventory records and reports in accordance with established deadlines and in compliance with University purchasing standards.
- Assists the Director of Purchasing and Purchasing Manager in updating operations manual.
- Operates equipment such as pallet jacks; ensures that equipment is in working order; and oversees warehouse maintenance.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Recommends and assists in implementing operating procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Acts as relief manager for Heilman Dining Center, at special events, and at football game concessions, as needed.
- Supervises personnel which typically includes recommendations for hiring, firing, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or sanitation standards.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Ability to provide excellent customer services to all constituents of Dining Services.
- Skilled in organizational and time management.
- Ability to work with independently, multi-task, and prioritize.
- Ability to meet deadlines with frequent interruption in a fast paced environment.
- General knowledge of purchasing methods and applications.
- Knowledge of food quality standards, safe food handling practices, and HAACP procedures.
- General knowledge of menu and inventory management software, POS systems, and Microsoft Office, with the ability to learn new software programs.
- Skilled in driving a box truck.
- Required: Must have a valid Driver's License and be able to produce a driving record with a minimum of 3 years of driving history in good standing
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate degree in foodservice management or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years' receiving or purchasing experience in high volume foodservice operation.
- ServSafe© certification or other health department sanitation certification is preferred.
- Two years' supervisory experience preferred.
- Full-time, exempt position
- 6:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week; rotating days and weekends
- This position is designated as essential personnel and, during inclement weather and emergency situations is required to be available to the University as needed.
Pay Grade 6 (Hiring Range $46,114.00 to $61,110.00 annually) COVID-19:
The University of Richmond requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, faculty, and staff. The University allows exemptions to this requirement for religious, medical and strong personal conviction reasons. All newly hired employees must report their status within the first two weeks of employment. ABOUT UR
At the University of Richmond, we're creative, inclusive, and determined. We're Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There's only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE
This job has expired.