What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart is the best place to build a career from the ground up. We believe no other company can match our combination of making an impact at scale and our culture of promoting from within, from entry-level roles all the way to executive roles. Our unique combination of pathways, perks and pay mean you can build just about any career you want here, no matter where you start or what you aspire to do.
As a Store Project Coach, you will be part of the Realty Execution team, managing the progress of multiple projects at one time, and will be responsible for overseeing and managing store remodels, ensuring they are completed on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards. The Store Project Coach will supervise hourly team members and handle escalations, working with store associates to complete projects on schedule and accept the travel requirements of the role.
Salary: Starting at $50,000 annual salary
Shift: Primarily working overnights; night shifts average from 10 to 12 hours
Travel: Frequent travel up to 1000 mi from home is a role requirement. Expect to be away from home 80% of the time, or for 17-21 days at a time.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction remodels, project management, space management, and/or store design
- Experience with managing projects, initiatives, or leading cross-functional teams
What you'll do...
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field and 1 year's experience in project management, space management, store design, operations, data analysis, or related area OR 3 years' experience in project management, space management, store design, operations, data analysis, or related area.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be willing to work overnight shifts
- Must be willing to travel to any work location within 1000 miles of home store region.
- Mileage will be reimbursed
- Time traveling is not paid
- Travel domestically to and from multiple facilities or worksites requiring consecutive overnight stays
- Overnight stays will be paid for SPC roles.
- Travel areas are based on project workload and will change as the business needs. Associate will be based out of a home store but can expect to travel to surrounding states or farther to support projects.
Benefits & Perks
- Leads the implementation of Realty execution project plans; owns and has accountability by ensuring scope of work is completed:
- Organizing project timelines and deliverables
- Facilitating meetings with stakeholder teams to communicate project plans and deliverables; utilizing the time to analyze, plan, and implement project initiatives, discussing project obstacles, timelines, and alignment with corporate strategies.
- Taking corrective action as necessary to drive project results; identifying and ensuring associate, customer, and supplier concerns are resolved.
- Directing associates and vendors on process and procedures for project execution and review of modular plans to ensure project and facility requirements and goals are met.
- Planning merchandise placement based on modular requirements, collaborating with facility management to establish phasing plans that minimize the impact to operations.
- Advising on the assignment of additional staff to assist in ensuring company and facility goals are met, providing supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Ensuring merchandise is in-stock and displayed in a timely, accurate, and safe manner, equipment and fixtures are correctly installed, and operational, merchandising, and personnel guidelines are implemented; verifying fixture procurement and deliveries from the Regional Real Estate Warehouse (RREW) are synchronized with project schedules; collaborating with cross-functional teams to provide feedback and identify and implement design changes; and monitoring and ensuring the resolution of outstanding construction issues and work to be corrected or completed.
- Monitors sales and project budgets; assessing the economic and customer experience impacts of project decisions; evaluating tradeoffs; creating a sustainable, efficient, and cost-effective schedule for the execution of project deliverables; coordinating with internal and external teams to ensure plan schedules and adjustments to schedules are communicated and impacts are clearly explained; and managing vendor relationships to ensure the timely, cost-effective sourcing, delivery, and installation of materials for projects.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- 10% Walmart discount after first 90 days
- Paid Time Off that accrues starting after first 90 days
- Full benefits available after first 90 days
- Health, dental, vision
- 401k with company match (starting after 1 year anniversary)
- Eligible to participate in the Associate Stock Purchase Plan
- Life Insurance
- FREE College through Live Better University
- Eligible for Annual bonus
Our ideal candidate models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holding oneself accountable; and supporting Walmart's commitment to communities, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintaining and promoting the highest standards of integrity, ethics, and compliance.
With a customer centered focus, strategic thinking, and willingness to embrace change, curiosity, and courage, the Store Project Coach will embody our Walmart values. Additional values we ask of our Store Project Coaches include servant leadership, talent management, digital transformation and change, collaboration and influence, and continue to focus on our DEIB priorities.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business or related field and 1 year's experience in project management, space management, store design, operations, data analysis, or related area OR 3 years' experience in project management, space management, store design, operations, data analysis, or related area.
Associates will be required to attend and successfully complete all job-required trainings and assessments (for example, Academy trainings, Open Door trainings, etc.).
All associates in role January 1, 2021 or after will need to sign an updated JD including the above language (but will not be impacted).Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Leading a cross-functional team
Project Management - Management Professional Certification (Project Management Institute) - CertificationPrimary Location...
5734 S. ORANGE BLOSSOM TRL, ORLANDO, FL 32839-0000, United States of America About Walmart
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"I love that at Walmart, each associate has the opportunity and autonomy to create their own career path and grow." - Diane, Project ManagerAll the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.Frequently asked questions
This job has expired.
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+