The Sterile Processing Technician 1 Apprentice performs a variety of duties associated with cleaning, sterilization, processing, organizing and the distribution of patient equipment, instruments, supplies and products used in the care and treatment of patients. This job code is part of an apprenticeship program that will provide training in sterile processing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Prepares rooms and organizes instruments, equipment, treatment trays and supplies for specified departments.
- Cleans and decontaminates instruments, containers and patient equipment using detergents and disinfectant solutions in accordance with
- regulatory and hospital policies and procedures. Operates semi-automatic and automatic sterilization equipment and washers.
- Receives, stocks, rotates, checks and pulls expires goods; fills and distributes internal orders; and picks up reusable trays, equipment items and instruments.
- Maintains and controls inventory. Maintains applicable records and files.
- Ensures compliance with safety, environmental, manufacture and infection control practices.
- Complies with all requirements of apprenticeship program.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Knowledge of equipment and instrument sterilization methods and procedures preferred.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Interpersonal skills to interact with patients and staff.
- Ability to comply with safety, environmental, manufacture and infection control practices.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
Location - Baylor Medical Center of Waxahachie (Waxahachie,TX)
Unit/Dept - Sterile Processing
Shift/Schedule - Monday thru Friday (230pm - 11pm)
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience