Are you passionate about the environment and ready to join an inclusive workplace, committed to leading new ideas and pathways, and to delivering value? If the answer is, "Yes!" then we have an exciting career opportunity for you as a Staff Scientist based in our Wilmington, DE office.
Who are we? We are Montrose, a global environmental services provider offering environmental planning and permitting, measurement and analytical services, and environmental resiliency and sustainability solutions. Our qualified engineers, scientists, technicians, associates, and policy experts are proud of our collective expertise and the collaborative nature of our approach to helping clients. We strive to optimize environmental resiliency in a way that effectively complements our clients' decision-making and operations and efficiently fulfills their project requirements.
We have over 80 offices across the United States, Canada, Europe and Australia and are approaching 3000 employees - all ready to provide solutions for environmental needs.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
As a key member of the Montrose Environmental Solutions team, this role will be responsible for a full range of activities including:
YOUR EXPERTISE AND SKILLS
- Work effectively, both independently and collaboratively with peers, seniors and our clients to build and strengthen relationships
- Be present and engaged in team and client meetings, and share ideas
- Conduct field work at client sites to collect data
- Assist with research and data collection efforts as requested by project managers
- Prepare environmental guidance documents, permit applications, compliance plans, and other resources for clients
- Be knowledgeable of regulatory standards in environmental technical areas of responsibility
- Maintain confidentiality at all times, both within Montrose and for our clients and affiliates
- Exercise safe work practices by following all Company safety rules and OSHA regulations, including completion of all required safety training programs
- Participate in the company's continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts
- Keep up-to-date and current on industry trends by completing formal training, reviewing professional publications, and attending professional workshops
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Sciences from an accredited four-year college or university
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to perform in-field physical activities.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work well under pressure with multiple deadlines
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong competence with Excel, Word, Power Point, Foxit, Google Earth and the ability to learn proprietary analytical systems
- Basic understanding of RCRA, TSCA, EPCRA, CAA, CWA, OSHA, NPDES, and DOT preferred
- Experience in conducting Phase I Environmental Site Assessments in accordance with ASTM E1527-13(or 21)
- 2-4 years of environmental consulting and management experience
- Prior environmental consulting experience with industrial, municipal, and federal clientele is a plus
As a key member of our Montrose team, you can expect:
- Mentorship and professional development resources to advance your career
- Direct exposure to our industry's leading experts who are solving the world's toughest environmental challenges
- An entrepreneurial environment where you can learn, thrive and collaborate with talented colleagues
- Opportunities to engage and contribute in our Diversity, Fairness and Inclusion and Women Empowering Leadership employee resource groups
- Competitive compensation package: annual salary ranging from $50,000 to $70,000, commensurate with accomplishments, performance, credentials and geography
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- 401k with a competitive 4% employer match
- Progressive vacation policies, company holidays and paid parental leave benefits to ensure work/life balance
- A financial assistance program that supports peers in need, known as the Montrose Foundation
- Access to attractive student loan rates to optimize your student loan payoff plans
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 949-988-3500 or email@example.com for assistance.MAKE THE MOVE TO ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER
We are going to be blunt - the way we work may not suit everyone. We are a fast-paced, dynamic and high-growth company. You are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues and its service providers. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, and head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we could be the perfect match!
Want to know more about us? Visit montrose-env.com and have fun!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Montrose is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Montrose is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment for individuals with disabilities.
This job has expired.