The Data & Analytics Engineering team is looking for a Staff ML Engineer to join our team. We focus on enabling Machine Learning Engineering across all of Regeneron as well own and curate central data models, data resources, and metrics that are critical to our business. You will build the data foundation for Data Preparation, Model Building, experimentation, and Productionization of machine learning Models. You will be evaluating existing machine learning (ML) processes, performing statistical analysis to resolve data set problems, and enhancing the accuracy of our AI software's predictive automation capabilities.
In this role, a typical day might include the following:
This job might be for you if:
- Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools.
- Design machine learning systems and self-running artificial intelligence (AI) software to automate predictive models.
- Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods.
- Transform data science prototypes and applying appropriate ML algorithms and tools.
- Run machine learning tests and experiments.
- Perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results.
- Train and retrain systems when necessary.
- Solve complex problems with multi-layered data sets, as well as optimizing existing machine learning libraries and frameworks.
- Ensuring that algorithms generate accurate user recommendations.
- Turn unstructured data into useful information by auto-tagging images and text-to-speech conversions.
- Develop ML algorithms to analyze huge volumes of historical data to make predictions.
- Build and improve data tooling in partnership with internal Data Platform teams.
- Build tools for Integrating Open Source framework where required to meet the business needs.
- You have an eye for detail and pride yourself on the quality of your work. Operational excellence matters more than just finishing the tasks.
- With your sleeves rolled up, you work on current problems while thinking of future solutions.
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- You possess great communication, time management, organizational and collaboration skills.
To be considered for this role, you must have a Bachelor's degree in computer science, data science, mathematics, or a related field. Master's degree in computational linguistics, data science, or similar will be advantageous.At least two years' experience as a machine learning engineer. Good data modeling skills. Programming experience in Python, R or Java. Experience working in an Agile environment. Advanced math skills (linear algebra, Bayesian statistics, group theory). Extensive knowledge of ML frameworks, libraries, data structures, data modeling, and software architecture.
In-depth knowledge of mathematics, statistics, and algorithms. Experience in pipeline automations, such as CI/CD, Jenkins. Experience with cloud platforms, preferably AWS. Experience with designing and developing DevOps. Experience with NoteBook technologies (Jupyter, Nteract, Zeppelin & DataIku in spearheading ML development with libraries like Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Padas & Huggingface). Good understanding of R&D processes and scientific data life cycle is a plus.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.