We are seeking a hard-working Staff Accountant to join our talented and experienced corporate finance and accounting team!
Staff Accountant Job Duties:
Job Requirements Staff Accountant Qualifications
- Prepare journal entries and submit them for review and approval
- Reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts in accordance with management assertions
- Management reports are produced timely and accurately
- Responsible for the completion of audit work papers for various audits, not exclusive to financial statements, financial institutions, and insurance underwriters
- Work closely with third-party service providers and internal departments outside of Accounting to complete job responsibilities
- Special Projects as assigned not exclusive to Acquisitions, NAV programming changes, Procedural Changes, and Training
Expected Results from the Employee
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field, CPA and/or MBA a plus
- Minimum 0-2 years experience with knowledge of U.S. GAAP financial statements, public accounting
- Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV or experience with an Organizational ERP system
Impact of the Job on the Organization
- External and Internal deadlines are met in regards to accounting and finance job duties and assignments
- Assigned files and reports are prepared and submitted in accordance with contractual deadlines
- All company policies and procedures are followed in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and any other applicable regulations
- Provide a positive model for peers and a model for the Finance Department
- Responsible for all assigned general ledger accounts and thus the accuracy of input data for financial statement and external reporting compilation.
The ability to lift a box up to 50 lbs. in weight.Physical and Logical Access
- Provided 24/7 physical access to corporate Accounting area and Operations, no warehouse and no SOC
- In a test environment, full "Super-User" logical access for all systems
- In production environment:
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV - Accounting profile
- Filebound - Full read-only access, excluding Human Resources
- Manitou - None necessary
Interface Security Systems offers a competitive compensation package based on education and experience plus excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off, the opportunity for growth, and much more. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and compensation requirements.
Interface Security Systems will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. The contractor will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran, or individual with a disability. Such action shall include, but not be limited to the following: Employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; for rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship.
Interface Security Systems will, in all solicitations or advertisements for employees placed by or on behalf of the Interface Security Systems, state that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran, or individual with a disability.