The Partnership Accounting - Operations team is responsible for the accounting operations of the funds within Carlyle's various segments. The Two-Year Staff Accountant would generally be responsible for processing accounting transactions, answering investor inquiries, and supporting various department initiatives. This position will complete a two year term on the Partnership Accounting team. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of accounting concepts, is detail-oriented, and demonstrates strong analytical and critical thinking abilities, as well as, excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Prepare fund-level financial statements on a quarterly basis
- Perform reconciliations of accounts presented in the fund-level financial statements
- Record information into Carlyle's accounting system to produce financial reports and investors' capital account statements
- Work closely with Senior Accountants and other Staff Accountants on financial reporting and daily activities
- Perform a detailed review of investors' capital accounts
- Assist with the interim and year-end audit and prepare PBC schedules
- Review year-end tax reporting
- Prepare reports as needed from Carlyle information systems
Assist with Fund operations
- Assist with sending capital call and distribution notices to Investors
- Prepare cash on hand analysis
- Prepare partnership expense analysis and journal entries
- Record capital calls and distributions in Carlyle systems
- Monitor and reconcile cash accounts for capital calls and distributions
- Complete investors' audit confirmations
- Answer investors' questions regarding quarterly reports and statements
- Provide information on the private equity funds as requested
Work closely with other Carlyle departments
- Work with Operations and Treasury teams to verify records or coordinate transactions
- Compile and assist to analyze fund, investor, or portfolio company information as requested by various Carlyle teams
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Strong educational background in accounting, knowledge of GAAP, knowledge of private equity industry, functional knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree with GPA of 3.0 or above required.
- Accounting Major, or equivalent accounting work experience in addition to Bachelor's Degree in another field, required.
- CPA Candidate preferred.
Position-Specific Technical Requirements
- Strong team player with a positive attitude, detail-oriented and organized
- Able to work under pressure and meet reporting deadlines
- Solid computer and financial systems skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Capable of working independently and in groups
- Proficiency in accounting and other Carlyle systems (training available)
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with $376 billion of assets under management and more than half of the AUM managed by women, across 520 investment vehicles as of June 30, 2022. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world's largest and most successful investment firms, with nearly 1,900 professionals operating in 26 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Carlyle places an emphasis on development, retention and inclusion as supported by our internal processes and seven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Carlyle's purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, which range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Carlyle invests across three segments - Global Private Equity, Global Credit and Investment Solutions - and has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation.
At Carlyle, we know that diverse teams perform better, so we seek to create a community where we continually exchange insights, embrace different perspectives and leverage diversity as a competitive advantage. That is why we are committed to growing and cultivating teams that include people with a variety of perspectives, people who provide unique lenses through which to view potential deals, support and run our business.