COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Mandate
This position requires that you must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (even if working remotely) and present proof of vaccination before beginning employment. If you receive an offer of employment, you will be asked as part of the background check process to upload a copy of your vaccination card. If you believe you require an accommodation for medical or religious reasons related to the vaccine safety mandate, you may submit a request after you receive an offer of employment. Instructions on how to do so will be provided in your offer letter.
Position: Sr Supply Planner
Job Location: Hershey, PA
The primary purpose of a Senior Supply Planner is to develop and implement a master production schedule and inventory management strategy to support customer service goals and achieve the company's financial objectives.
Master Planning & Fulfillment System Set Up
- Develop and maintain system table settings, calendars and attributes to develop a constrained rough cut master planning schedule.
Master Production Scheduling
- Develop a feasible rough cut 18 month production schedule for finished goods and dependent demand requirements for SKU's assigned ensuring that the schedule support sales goals, inventory financial targets, and minimizes product age and obsolescence.
- Monitor and adjust plans as needed regularly.
- Develop this schedule using JDA Master Planning recommendations based upon scheduling parameters and system settings.
- Oversee the successful transformation of these schedules into shift level plans through appropriate communication and negotiation with Operation Planners.
- Incorporate the flexibility to accommodate a range of potential outcomes of the business plan.
Product Supply Coordination
- Utilize exception management to coordinate activity that impacts the ability to maintain constant and sufficient product supply.
- Analyze and evaluate current manufacturing facilities to determine when additional manufacturing capacity is required to support sales demand.
- Utilize the PCM process to review items for executional feasibility and communicate potential issues to internal customers in a timely fashion.
- Incorporate new items into plans and schedules.
- Serve as project champion for all assigned intermediate halb items.
- Review AGI report monthly.
- Manage product shortages through the appropriate JDA settings.
- Proactively communicate with Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, and other stakeholders shortage or overage issues and develop solutions.
- Maintain finished good and intermediate inventory targets for assigned items.
- Manage item versions to support packaging changes or in-and-out programs at all locations.
- Investigate outlier changes in available inventory in a timely manner and take appropriate follow up actions.
- Support regional, resource, and seasonal build strategies using the JDA system. Monitor new items to ensure efficient flow of product both physically and systematically. Effectively use the JDA Fulfillment and Deployment tools and their settings to efficiently and equitably deploy product throughout the network. Identify opportunities for safety stock rationalization. Minimize aged and unsalable product through maintaining calculated inventory for assigned items
ATP support/Customer Service
- Maintain accurate production information in JDA/SAP to ensure product is available to support ATP and support customer service level targets.
- Work with Customer service to resolve ATP issues and perform necessary functions such as reviewing the ATP report to identify supportability issues.
Miscellaneous Planning Duties
- Complete annual planning activities in accordance within the timetable and guidelines.
- Set up Bills of Materials in JDA for items generating dependent demand.
- Conduct analysis of operational processes as needed.
- Utilize analysis and insights to Support and initiate continuous improvement activities within supply planning and in support of strategic supply chain goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Logistics, Business, Engineering preferably emphasizing Logistics or Supply Chain Management or equivalent. APICS, CPIM certification helpful.
- Minimum of 2-3 years progressive, related experience in such areas as production scheduling, inventory management or supply/operations planning.
- Proven knowledge of Supply Chain Management Principles
- Strong knowledge of Supply Planning Systems
- SAP experience preferred
- Understanding of forecasting and its impact to supply planning
- Strong teamwork skills, including the ability to mentor and train others
- Excellent communication skills - Ability to interface with all levels in various departments
- Proven mathematical, analytical, and problem solving skills - Ability to solve problems independently
- Strong general PC skills (MS suite of products)
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact the HR Service Center (email@example.com).