Are you interested in a role that intersects both benchwork/R&D, bioinformatics, and the Commercial organizations? Interested in talking to genomics key opinion leaders and bringing their projects to life in the lab? Providing new data insights to their challenging research questions through PacBio's sequencing technology? If so, we are seeking a motivated and detail-oriented scientist who has experience in NGS technologies, molecular biology and the interpretation and analysis of sequencing data.
The Scientist will be required to work cross-functionally within the organization by collaborating with bioinformatics, engineering, biochemistry, and commercial organizations. The selected candidate will be responsible for execution of a variety of NGS collaborations projects for both internal and external customers, including data creation and analysis to support company goals. They will design, plan, and execute experiments, critically analyze the data, and interpret the results. We offer a unique opportunity where you will be expected to participate in and contribute to expertise in NGS use and its applications in the short-read space as well as to collaborate and participate cross-functionally within the organization.
- Applies technical and functional knowledge to assist in experiment/ project design that will enable department/group/team to meet goals. Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Explains complex concepts and influences others to adopt a different point of view. May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other personnel.
- Knowledge and experience with sequencing platforms, chemistries and data is highly desirable.
- Design, plan and carry out experiments, as well as perform quantitative analysis, interpretation, and presentation of the results.
- The ideal candidate needs to collaborate effectively with colleagues in biochemistry, engineering, bioinformatics, software, and commercial.
- You will be expected to keep current with the field of genomics, NGS methodologies, applications, technologies, patents, and conferences.
- Day-to-day function will include participating in beta and early-access programs, engaging with external collaborators/users of our technology and creation and interpretation of complex genomic data sets.
- Development and execution of technical publication strategy and other materials as needed.
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE:
- Normally requires a PhD in a scientific discipline and a minimum of 5-8 years related experience; may include post-doctoral experience.
- PhD in Molecular/Cell Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Biochemistry, or related field.
- Previous industry experience preferred.
- Significant experience related to NGS and its applications (NIPT, Oncology, WGS, etc.), genomics, library preparation, nucleic acid chemistry is highly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills is desired.
- Ability to analyze and interpret large genomic data sets and plan further experiments accordingly.
ATTITUDE & ATTRIBUTES:
- Timely & effective communicator who enjoys collaborating internally as well as externally.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% to attend conferences, meet and support customers.
- Team player.
Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions).
To ensure the health and safety of all PacBio employees and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview experience.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at PacBio. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. PacBio does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PacBio employees or any other company location. PacBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 650-521-8000, or http://email@example.com for assistance.
Visit our following pages for more information on:
This job has expired.
- Equal Opportunity Employment