An empty treadmill isn't compelling, but once someone steps on it, the stories are limitless. Our goal is to connect people emotionally to their fitness journey. We are a global team coming from different cultures and backgrounds with a shared passion to achieve and live our mission of inspiring healthier lives.
Inspire. Innovate. Make an impact and join our team!
This position supports a wide variety of electronic, mechanical, and electromechanical product areas through all phases of the product development cycle. Works with product development teams providing Reliability engineering support of fitness equipment. A hands-on position with responsibility for testing, test set design / development, and root cause analysis. Additionally, this position will provide technical guidance and input within the Reliability team.
- Understanding of physical properties including shock, vibration, temperature, acceleration, force, torque, stress, pressure, and displacement.
- Transforms performance requirements, design objectives or problem investigations into test methodology, planning, and execution, including coordination of facilities, equipment, and personnel.
- Authors test plans, defines test equipment requirements, conducts tests, and issues test reports for design, analysis, and material property verification.
- Verifying and validating proposed and/or implemented changes to existing products. Designing and documenting testing configurations and setup.
- Participating with product failure analysis collaboratively with engineers, including the suggestion of product design improvements based on observations and test results.
- Performs stress analysis and predictions for reliability testing
- Participates in design FMEA's, assists in development of FRD, provides input to product specification and test / evaluation master plan.
- Reviews / performs analytical predictions of test results and parameters to assist in data acquisition and instrumentation including budgeting / schedules
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Application of reliability statistical concepts, planning and developing reliability tests using accelerated techniques
- Knowledge of reliability growth methodologies, conducting data collection and analysis, conducting failure analysis to identify product failure modes and mechanisms
- Experience testing to verify compliance with environmental requirements (shock, vibration, thermal, humidity, electromagnetic, etc.)
- Experience with writing test plans, procedures, and reports.
- Experience in coordinating corrective action and FMEA activities
- Experience in analyzing product stresses and performing reliability predictions
- Experience in a cross-functional team environment, ability to work well with others in a team.
- Understanding of electromechanical systems and ability to recognize mechanical, electrical or system abnormalities
- Experience with 3D modeling software (Solidworks, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and have verbal, writing and organizational skills to maintain all records and provide data to project engineers, managers and support problem resolution
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Experience with the use of laboratory testing equipment to verify compliance with environmental requirements (such as temperature shock, vibration, thermal/humidity, and corrosion).
- Applied knowledge of strain gauge installation, instrumentation, and implementation
- Applied knowledge of PLC, ladder logic, and micro-controllers. IDEC PLCs or Groov Opto22.
- Applied knowledge of LabView tools and programming
- Applied knowledge of Python script development
- Applied knowledge of Arduino, Raspberry Pi, or other basic programming
- Applied knowledge of procedure or test creation and documentation and documentation revisions
- Applied knowledge of Reliasoft systems and software, Minitab or JMP equivalent
- Familiarity with Six Sigma tools - yellow, green, or black belt
- Familiarity with efficiency programs such as 5S and Continuous Improvement
- Welding, machining - mill, lathe, and CNC, rapid prototyping, 3D printing, etc.
8+ years experience in an engineering roleEDUCATION
BS in Electrical, Mechanical or Reliability Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience. MS or PhD preferred - educational experience in lieu of work experience
Want to take the next step in your career?
Life Fitness takes pride in our talented employees and believe in providing opportunities for further growth and advancement. We encourage you to test your strengths, push your limits and unleash your potential.
If you feel the open position you see is right for you, we invite you to apply.
Learn more about us here.
Life Fitness does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Life Fitness and Workday Privacy Policies