Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking an Sr. Quality Inspector with a strong earthwork and concrete experience for work at a client site near Mandan, ND.
• Management of the inspection team, ensuring they are aware of their roles, responsibilities and
• Support the recruitment of discipline inspectors and their ongoing competence assessment
• Validate Inspection requirement and carry out inspection activities at worksites, suppliers, and/or on
receipt at warehouse as instructed by the project Quality team;
• Inspection of materials and review of material certification prior to delivery to fabricators/manufacturers
• Witness / review of testing activities in compliance with Inspection and test plan requirements
• Inspection of Temporary Equipment (Wellhead Rentals, portable equipment)
• Verification that appropriate approvals are in place prior to commencement of specific works (e.g. weld
procedures are approved, welder certification, etc.)
• Review and endorsement of quality records raised as an output from fabrication/manufacturing and
• Generation of inspection and progress reports as required.
• Attend factory acceptance tests.
• Final inspection release and issue of inspection release notes
• Report any inspection deficiencies and queries to project quality team
• Report regular fabrication status to package engineer, quality team and supply chain.
• Assist with incident investigations, reviewing incident reports and ensuring that any relevant
correct/preventive actions are implemented;
• Assist with auditing of vendors as directed by the quality team;
• Provide regular progress reports including supplier performance, etc. arising from inspection
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Skills / Qualifications
• Diploma (or local equivalent) in quality or related disciplines (desirable)
• Inspection certificate in relevant disciple (e.g. welding/electrical/mechanical) from recognised industry or
national body (essential)
• Radiographic interpretation certificate (piping welding inspectors only - desirable)
• Quality auditor qualification by recognised industry body (desirable)
Knowledge, skills and experience:
• 8 + years relevant experience (including fabrication or QC). Preferably in the associated industry.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• High level of communication skills in both written and spoken format
• Good planner and organiser
• Attention to detail
• Integrity and trustworthy
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!