The Senior Process Engineer - Projects (SPEP) provides process engineering support for projects primarily in front end development. The SPEP works closely with multiple disciplines including Operations, Process Engineering, Process Safety Management, Project Engineering, Environmental, and Economics and Scheduling to develop project deliverables, ensure proper scope choices, and develop project justification. In addition, the SPEP will work to secure funding for different project phases and provide oversite and review for detailed design and project execution.
Specific job duties will include:
Education & Experience Required:
- Developing project scopes and obtain stakeholder buy in
- Troubleshooting and problem solving for known issues
- Performing hydraulic analysis and other engineering calculations
- Specifying process information for various equipment sizing
- Developing multiple project deliverables:
- PIDs and PFDs
- Basis for Design
- Premise Documents
- Concept Approval Packages
- Providing support and Participating in MOCs, HAZOPs, SIL Analysis
- Developing project justification
- Developing funding request documents
- Performing cold-eye technical reviews of key deliverables as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering
- 10+ years of relevant process engineering experience
- Knowledge of steady state simulation packages such as SimSci/Hysys
- Understanding of how to manage critical knowledge and information to stakeholders
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience in process design
- Familiarity of modeling or operational support of conversion processes
- 3+ years of experience working on front end development of Capital Projects
- Physical ability to work around and on industrial equipment, including frequent climbing of stairs and ladders
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (respirator, hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, heeled boots, and hearing protection)
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis without the requirement of a work visa
- Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card
- Must support and comply with the company's drug free work environment, which will include random drug screenings
- Must support and comply with the company's harassment free workplace environment policy
- Must support and comply with the company's safety policies and initiatives
- Must support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies
As part of the pre-employment process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all pre-employment background, drug, medical, and reference checks.
New hires must have received their final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine or be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before starting employment. The "final dose" is the final dose, as recommended by the manufacturer, of a vaccine that has been authorized by the FDA for use in the United States, including vaccines that have been approved pursuant to an Emergency Use Authorization. You have been "fully vaccinated" when it has been at least two weeks since you received the final dose. An attestation certifying that you have received your final dose or are fully vaccinated will be provided and required as part of the pre-employment process after receipt of a conditional offer of employment, and will be a condition of employment. Motiva is an equal opportunity employer and will make any required accommodations under applicable law for individuals with disabilities or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination. Contact your recruiter if you would like to request an accommodation.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Motiva jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Motiva affiliates and service providers..
Motiva and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Motiva. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorized Motiva representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Motiva participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
This job has expired.