Summary of Role:
This is a full time position for an Embedded FPGASenior Programmer. In this role youwill work with other senior FPGA programmers, C++ Programmers and RF electricalengineers to develop the next generation of 5G, Satellite and phased arrayRadar semiconductor test systems for GlobalFoundries. The group leverages the latest in Xilinx FPGAcomponents and software to be able to create the fastest mmWave test systems inthe world. FPGAs are a core component tothe success of the team. The team isfairly small and agile, with every engineer being critical to our success. You will have tremendous freedom to innovateusing new software, FPGA hardware, and FPGA support circuitry. You will work closely with RF and Analog circuitengineers on this R&D team, defining and optimizing the FPGA/CPLD systemdesign, to maximize performance and quality. The group is a combination of thirty BSCS, MSEE and PhDs. Each engineer in the team contributes to thesuccess of the group by being a leader in their area of expertise. We welcome you to continue to grow your FPGA,Logic design and leadership skills on the GlobalFoundries mmWave testdevelopment team.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Communicate with our RFTest team to understand there product requirements and develop the FPGA designto meet the required specifications.
- Implementationof DSP algorithms, IO interfaces (LVDS,SPI,UART,I2C,JTAG), high speed memoryinterface, multi-clock domain & PLLs in the FPGA for contributing to the developmentof some of the fastest test solutions in the industry.
- Verilog/VHDL codegeneration, test bench development, writing timing constraints, performsimulations, place and route and static timing analysis.
- Assistthe software team in implementing drivers and application environment forcommunication between software and the test circuits.
- Perform all activitiesin a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety& Security requirements and programs
- PhD in ElectricalEngineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Related Discipline
- 0-1 Years' Experience Designing or programming FPGAs usingXilinx ISE and Vivado.
- Experience in multi-FPGA partitioning and constraining ofsynthesis; Design optimization with respect to FPGA limitations.
- Experience in scripting/programming - ideally Linux, C, C++,and TCL.
- Experience with Xilinx FPGA devices such as Virtex7/Ultrascale is a plus.
- Hardware/System design, strong debug and lab experience is aplus.
- Language Fluency - English (Written & Verbal)
- Minimal Travel Required
- Experience withSystemVerilog verification including UVM/OVM environments
- Experience designing Highspeed GBit digital board level circuits
- Hands on experience withelectrical bench equipment; DMM's, Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzers, etc.
If you need a reasonable accommodationfor any part of the employment process, please contact us by email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your requestand your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered ona case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request forreasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment withGLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a backgroundcheck and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws andregulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed toequal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity withinthe company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellencein business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualifiedpeople. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objectiveand may be illegally discriminatory.
Procedure: All policies and processeswhich pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training,utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, andtermination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity,ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physicaldisability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-partyaffiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status,or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federallaw.
This job has expired.