Steampunk is seeking a forward-leaning, forward-thinking, smart, hard-working, aggressive Sr. Director - Platform Architecture to help our clients assess their operational environments and plan, develop, and execute both strategic and tactical roadmaps for cloud migration. We want to work with folks who love research, want to pilot programs, and prove to our customers that our solutions provide real business value. Please don't apply if you want to be told what to do. We want you to ask the questions about what our customers need, vocalize and document recommendations, and then formulate, propose, and execute the plan to fulfill those needs. That being said, you must be able to play well with others. Our customers are largely Federal Government clients, who have the typical constraints, concerns, and requirements associated with performance plans, organizational responsibilities, etc. Further, you must be willing and able to effectively work with teams of other cloud, systems, and network engineers; as well as project managers - and have excellent communication skills and attitude.
- Contribute in a team of Systems and Network Engineers to develop and implement cloud migration strategies and roadmaps
- Document and socialize cloud strategies and roadmaps to all levels of Federal management
- Support project managers to develop detailed WBS activities and project schedules to perform cloud implementation and migration activities
- Plan and coordinate tactical activities to support cloud infrastructure builds and automation with engineering, operations, and security teams
- Plan and coordinate tactical activities to support application migration and new deployments to the cloud. Coordinates with development, operations, and security teams
- Support security teams to implement required controls for IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS solutions
- Candidate must have over 15 years of professional technical experience; or
- Bachelor's degree and over 11 years of experience; or
- A master's degree and over 9 years of experience
- Candidate must have an industry-recognized cloud certification in Azure or AWS
- Experience providing leadership building and launching a cloud strategy and cloud environment for use in federal agencies.
- Experience working within the Development and Operations organizations to support the design, automation, and deployment of infrastructure
- Experience transforming traditional infrastructure deployment model to maximize the benefit of the cloud infrastructure with automation and monitoring.
- Experience designing cloud infrastructure using industry best practices for delivery of Cloud infrastructure strategies aligned with business objectives with a focus on Cloud migrations and deployments.
- Experience designing, implementing and supporting infrastructure automation utilizing standardized tooling and processes.
- Experience researching new cloud technologies and prototyping solutions that can be leveraged to decrease costs and increase performance
- Experience assessing and comparing cloud native PaaS with cloud-enabled traditional infrastructure
- Experience providing expertise in cloud computing best practices and technology driving cloud adoption
- Experience assisting development teams to design new applications with a cloud-native approach to application architecture
- US Citizenship is required by the contract
- Cloud certification (e.g. Solutions Architect, DevOps Engineer, SysOps Administrator, Cloud Practitioner) is preferred
Steampunk is a Change Agent
in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology
, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an employee owned company
, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers - and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Steampunk participates in the E-Verify program.