Expected Travel: None
Requisition ID: 4981
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
US COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Teleflex is focused on the health and safety of our employees, their families, and our customers. Teleflex will comply with US government regulations regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirements for US workers. To ensure we are prepared for all applicable vaccination requirements, Teleflex is currently collecting vaccination status and accommodation requests from our US based employees.
Employees and new hires in sales or field-based roles that require vendor credentials to access medical facilities as an essential function of the job, may be required to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination based on customers/site requirement. This requirement is independent of Teleflex policy or any applicable US governmental regulations.
Global Operations - Global Operations is a complex and diverse organization within the company which is responsible for product fulfilment to all our customers from end to end. We pride ourselves on being totally Customer Centric in our unrelenting focus on Improving Quality, Service and Value as perceived by our customers. Our employees are dedicated to the Global Operations Enterprise Excellence journey. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
• Fulfill design assurance role on new product development (conception to launch) and sustaining projects
• Lead planning and execution of Design Controls, Risk Management, Human Factors, Test Method Development and Validation, Design Verification/Validation for new and existing products.
• Support Regulatory Affairs with creating submissions and responding to submission questions.
• Primary responsibility is New Product Development; secondary responsibility is Sustaining Engineering.
• Continued support and optimization of DA centric New Product Development deliverables and processes, accounting for cross functional system interactions.
• Participate and lead New Product Development Phase Reviews and Design Reviews.
• Partner with R&D to determine and define design inputs, design outputs, and design input/output relationships.
• Create and support the development and validation of new test methods.
• Determine and document risks associated with the product (Hazard Analysis, DFMEA, PFMEA, UFMEA).
• Develop the strategy and manage the execution of design verification and validation.
• Generate test protocols, manage test execution, investigate test issues, analyze data, and create reports for design verification and validation testing.
• Develop, execute, and manage First Article inspections.
• Support regulatory approvals and responses to regulatory questions.
• Support Sustaining Engineering for design and process changes to commercialized product.
• Provide direction to design assurance engineering technicians supporting assigned projects.
• Review and improve Design Assurance specific quality system deliverables and processes to increase effectivity and efficiency.
• Support the transfer of new product development projects from development to production.
• Support internal and external audits.
• Systems Engineering for complex electrical/mechanical devices.
• Experience with software verification/validation execution.
Education / Experience Requirements
• BA/BS in Engineering or physical sciences required.
• Five years of related experience required.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Ability to work independently and with minimal direction.
• Ability to define, organize, and manage individual and team tasks.
• Provide direction to extended and core team members.
• Effective verbal and written communication.
• Proficient in technical report writing and review.
• Interpersonal skills; working in a team and as an individual contributor.
• Structured and methodical problem-solving approach.
• Strong understanding of design controls, risk management, statistics, test method validation, and new product development processes.
• Strong understanding of industry regulations such as ISO13485 and FDA QSR's.
• Foster a positive culture of growth, collaboration, and achievement across the organization.
• Experience with IEC 60601-1 series of standards and IEC 62304
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.