*Open to remote candidates*
The Sr. Data Scientist will report to the Head of Enterprise Data Science within the Business Insights and Analytics (BI&A) team of the Digital, Data and Analytics (DDA) organization, and execute data science use cases in support of the digital and analytics strategy of Zoetis.
- Employ the full breadth of data science models, tools, and solutions to execute prioritized analytics use cases across the enterprise
- Collaborate with colleagues and external partner data scientists and analytics professionals to execute analytics use cases
- Present data science solutions to business and Zoetis Tech & Digital colleagues in a clear and understandable manner
- Follow data analytics quality and security standards for data science work
- Effectively document data science models, methods, and code.
Education and Education
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- MS degree and 6+ years of experience or PhD degree and 3-5 years of experience; degree should be in Statistics, Predictive Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science, Econometrics, Mathematics, Operations Research or closely related field
- Strong understanding and skills in advanced analytics and data science models and methodology, such as statistical analysis, algorithm development, artificial intelligence, machine learning, text mining, natural language processing, and optimization
- Strong understanding of and experience using data science tools and technology, such as R, Python, SQL, SAS, and cloud-based technology
- Understanding of basic data engineering concepts, data extraction, transformation, and loading
- Experience with source control and collaboration tools (e.g. Git and Github Enterprise)
- Strong teamwork skills
- Learning agility and fierce curiosity
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, managing complex cross functional deliverables
- Ability to prioritize across multiple projects and business needs
- Ability to understand complex business problems and translate them into data science solutions
- Deliver assignments within the established timeline and with high quality
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.