Valid USA is a secure, make-it-happen partner. We are a global company with a market capitalization of more than $1 billion and 6,000 associates worldwide. Our job is to ensure every solution is seamless and secure - whether it's for big data, payment cards, government issued identification, mobile financial services or highly targeted direct marketing campaign management. Whatever our client's needs, they can rest assured that we'll work diligently to deliver a solution that's second to none. Our website is www.valid.com.
We are looking for an infrastructure engineer that enjoys software automation, or a software developer that loves cloud infrastructure, security, and automation. Leverage the industry's latest technology and cloud environments in a fast-paced, prototyping Agile environment. Valid has an outstanding opportunity for a partially remote Software Operations Engineer based in our Fort Wayne, IN office where you'll work closely with peer operations engineers, and QA and Developer teams. You'll build the tools and systems that optimize software development. We expect the position to be 75% remote.
What will you do?
What are we looking for?
- Automate software builds and deployments using Linux and Windows containers.
- Design, build, maintain, and modify infrastructure for web applications within AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPCs).
- Work throughout the application and infrastructure project: including design, architecture, communication, monitoring, availability, scaling, failover and recovery.
- Engage in complete project lifecycle: actively participate in departmental and project design meetings, and effectively communicate project status with direct team lead and functional project owner.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Git or another distributed version control system such as Mercurial or Subversion.
- Some experience with Docker and AWS or other public cloud providers such as Azure or Google.
- Believer in Continuous Deployment, Integration, and Delivery throughout the software engineering lifecycle.
- Strong attention to detail, situational and cybersecurity hygiene awareness in day-to-day operations.
- Pass a drug test, and criminal background check prior to employment.
What we offer:
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform.
- Experience with C# (Dot Net Core) or TypeScript
- Experience with Relational Databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, and SQL Server)
- Understanding of SOA microservices and OAuth 2.0 protocol and workflows
- Benefits are effective on the 1st of the month following date of hire and include a choice of 4 medical plan options under BCBS, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(k), two weeks of vacation, 6 additional days of paid time off and paid holidays.