West Virginia University Extension Service (WVUES) is seeking applications for a talented and enthusiastic Social Media Specialist for the Family Nutrition Program (FNP). This position is located in Charleston, WV.
The social media content creator will conceptualize and create compelling photo, video and social media content that tells the story of West Virginia University Extension Family Nutrition Program (FNP). They will balance a high level of writing, content creation, content development and editing with a savvy knowledge of social media monitoring, posting and engagement on a variety of platforms. The social media content creator will produce high-quality social media posts and campaigns to support FNP.
The social media content creator should be a highly motivated self-starter who jumps at the chance to grab a camera and create fresh and engaging branded content daily. The ideal candidate will be extremely savvy on all social media platforms and able to create content appropriate for each platform. They will manage all social media platforms for FNP, including Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, etc., on a day-today basis, which includes developing copy, taking/editing photographs/video and more.
The social media content creator must be capable of working independently, producing reliable, high-quality content with minimal supervision, and editing. This individual also must be capable of working collaboratively on projects, engaging with FNP health educators to promote programming and tell the story of those programs’ successes. This position is part of the WVU Extension Communications’ team and will work with members on a regular basis.
The social media content creator brings a solid background built on years of experience creating content on social media for a variety of purposes and organizations. The social media content creator is the key storyteller for FNP, in that they speak to/with constituents on a day-to-day basis.
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to suit your needs:
What you'll do:
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 403(b) retirement savings with a fully vested 3% employee contribution match, (Employees have the option of contributing an additional 1-3% of their earnings to the plan, which is also matched by the WVURC)
- A range of health insurance and other benefits
- Dependent Education Scholarship
- WVU Perks
- And More!!
- Conceptualize and create engaging organic social media content (including, but not limited to, posts, photos/videos, GIFs, Instagram stories), TikTok, etc.
- Write social media posts and other web content in a polished, but conversational, language
- Film and edit videos for social media and other digital uses
- Take and edit high-quality photographs for use in social media and in other marketing and branding efforts
- Identify ways to build FNP’s visibility and enhance its reputation through innovative use of social media platforms
- Collaborate with FNP health educators to create social media content
- In conjunction with the multimedia specialist, handle end-to-end creative production and sourcing of content for all social media channels
- Continually drive creative experimentation and social media storytelling innovation
- Develop and execute social media campaigns and projects that align with program goals
- Find ways to actively engage various audiences on social media
- Prepare monthly social media reports and make suggestions based off reports
- Monitor trends in marketing and social media to help strategize whether it is appropriate for an FNP function
- Provide customer service via the platforms for those with questions/concerns
- Fully understand the mission, vision, values, goals and brand of WVU, WVU Extension and the WVU Extension Family Nutrition Program.
- Strategize alongside WVU Extension’s social media team to develop strategic content for organization-wide priorities.
- Provide fresh, updated digital content expanding and connecting social media content to the website
- Perform related duties as assigned/directed.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or a related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in creating digital content for use on social media platforms, Web and other communucation channels.
- Demonstrated excellence of all popular social media platforms and trends, with ability to analyze trends and create strategic social media content plans accordingly
- Demonstrated excellence in writing social media posts
- Demonstrated experience interviewing, editing, videography, and photography, including the ability to distill and clarify ideas under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough understanding of social media management and strategy
- Familiarity with, and the ability to become an expert on WVU and WVU Extension Service's social media guidelines and personality
- Demonstrated ability to provide the highest quality of digital customer service
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Ability to organize tasks, documents and materials with efficiency and accuracy
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage multiple priorities and projects effectively
- Ability to understand WVU and WVU Extension Service's mission, vision, values, goals and brand
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Ability to apply critical thinking and engage in problem-solving
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and participate in statewide travel, as required
The ability to travel to WVU's regional campuses and/or within the multi-state area is required.