Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Manager and Site Lead with who has industrial work experience. In this position , you will be responsible for managing projects which support a chemical manufacturing facility as part of that facility's site engineering team while also providing leadership for the other Wood employees at our customer's facility near Bishop, Texas.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required
As a Project Manager
As a Site Lead
- Ensures that a clear and complete scope definition for each project is prepared and accepted by the client
- Develops a documented Project Execution Plan for each project which is scaled to the size and complexity of that project
- Determines the resources needed by the project to execute it efficiently
- Is responsible for applying sound engineering practices
- Provides guidance to the project team to accomplish the scope of work and achieve project goals, schedule milestones, and cost & quality objectives
- Responsible for prompt recognition, documentation, and communication of scope and design changes and for client authorization prior to scope changes
- Maintains and tracks scope, schedule, cost, and quality trends throughout the project
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of all deliverables and services provided by the project
- Holds regular project meetings and communicates regularly to keep all team members and project stake holders up to date on the status of the project, progress against milestones, costs, schedule progress, and other critical or contractual items
- Has responsibility for project completion, including quality of deliverables, and closeout
- Responsible for leading the day-to-day activities of a site team of engineers, designers, and support staff located in a client's chemical processing facility.
- Lead the site safety initiatives, safety meetings, and other safety related activities for the site.
- Develop and maintain site work processes and procedures which govern how and when the site team works, hiring & exodus, etc.
- Responsible for understanding and approving weekly time and expenses of the site team.
- Has responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating job assignments.
- Manages the staffing needs of the site team in conjunction with Client needs and the strategic needs of our organization.
- Maintain and report weekly on resource workload forecasts for current and future site level projects.
- Work directly with Wood management to understand and manage the human activities of our group at the site including issues management, personnel review and performance, disciplinary actions, hiring and terminations, rewards and recognition, strategic planning, and others
Skills / Qualifications
- 10+ years of industrial experience doing project management on industrial projects
- Has experience managing groups such as site lead, department head, or other
- Has a good understanding of the importance of customer relations and can lead a site team to perform well in that regard
- Solid project management skills
- Good understand of how work/information flows between project disciplines
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good presentation skills
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.