MV Transportation is seeking professional Drivers for the delivery of seasonal shuttle service for the Mid Mon Valley Transit Authority. Drivers will be responsible for safely operating a transit vehicle at a local university. The primary objective of the Driver is providing safe, reliable, and efficient shuttle transportation services.
- Paid Training!
- Starting Rate of $18.80 per hour plus $3 per hour of Hazard Pay for each hour on duty thru the end of 2021!
- Paid Time Off after probationary period!
- We can put you on the road to a great career helping others!
- On-time passenger pick-up and delivery.
- Conducting pre and post trip inspections to ensure proper operating condition of vehicle and on-board equipment.
- Communicating effectively with dispatch via two-way radio.
- Providing excellent customer service including assistance in boarding and de-boarding, supplying information, and responding appropriately in the event of emergency.
- Employing all techniques of defensive driving to minimize risk.
- Maintaining a safe work area and a focus on safety to reduce the opportunity for injury to self or other employees.
Interviews by appointment only due to COVID-19 safety precautions:Please call 724-379-5956 option #2
- Candidates must be at least 21 years of age.
- CDL B with a P Endorsement required.
- Ability to read, write and speak clearly.
- Ability to navigate the service area through use of maps, and knowledge of service area.
- Ability to communicate effectively with passengers, passenger representatives and system staff.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to demonstrate professional demeanor and appearance.
- Maintain a strong attendance record.
- Follow company safety and operational rules and procedures.
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.