It's more than a career, it's a calling.
Transports people from site while maintaining the assigned schedule.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Operates vehicle in a safe manner. Informs supervisor of any unusual situations or accidents immediately.
- Assists riders entering and exiting the vehicle. Complies with all traffic safety rules and regulations.
- Assists the department supervisor with the daily activities of the Transportation department.
- Inspects and maintains vehicle daily for cleaning and safety issues. Maintains accurate logs per required standards.
- Follows established schedules, adjusts schedules to meet unanticipated changes, and determines safest and most efficient pickup and delivery routes.
- Drives specially equipped van to deliver physically limited persons to various destinations; assures that wheelchair lifts and tie down equipment are properly operated and that riders are delivered to appointments in a timely manner.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication.
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting, squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial relationships.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving.
Driver License - State of Work LocationWork Shift:
Variable Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
81110038 TREFFERT ACADEMY (PRESCHOOL)Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
This job has expired.