Job ID: 471879
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
Now offering up to $1,000 retention bonus.
Responsible for supervision of employees within assigned shift.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Set production goals and expectations
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment. Set up and operate machinery
- Listen for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discuss machine operation variations with maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine
- Operates forklift as directed and without supervision while adhering to all rules and regulations mandated by safety policies and procedures
- Inspects work in progress and finished product
- Oversee the daily preventive maintenance program
- Track/report inventory and parts usage
- Analyze scorecards and day shift production reports
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Train, promote, and discipline employees
- Ensure all safety rules are followed and employee follow safety program
- Supervise employees in department to ensure they meet quality and production standards
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job
Requirements / Education / Experience
- Leadership experience in a fast-paced industrial manufacturing environment, especially with building materials such as blocks
- Previously team lead experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience providing on the job training to team members to include but not limited to the operation of forklift, bobcat, loader, and development of production machine troubleshooting skills
What CRH Offers You
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Endure intermittent climbing, bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, pushing, and pulling
- Walking up and down elevated catwalks and stairs and standing for long periods of time
- Able to work in all environmental conditions and extreme temperatures
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Oct 26, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Lakeland Job Segment:
Equipment Operator, Forklift, Warehouse, Manager, Temporary, Manufacturing, Management, Contract
This job has expired.