ECS is seeking a Service Desk Technician to work in our office in Albuquerque, NM.
We are looking for a Service Desk Technician who will provide phone, email, web, and in-person support to users in the areas of e-mail, directories, computer operating systems, desktop applications for all types of computer systems, and applications developed or deployed under this contract. Serve as the first point of contact for troubleshooting hardware/software, all types of computer systems (PC and Mac), and printer problems.
Actual Duty Description:
The responsibility of a Service Center Technician is to provide in-depth procedural & technical computer end-user support with the highest level of customer satisfaction. Support will be provided using inbound phone calls, inbound chat, inbound & outbound email, instant messaging or other tools as assigned & available. In some cases, the technician will dispatch service requests & escalate issues to appropriate points of contact defined within the support organization. The technician will be capable & effective in promoting internal education.
- Resolve basic issues remotely that have been reported by the customer. Upon completing additional training, you will move to resolve more complex issues.
- Provide comprehensive Phone & Chat Support for the efficient resolution of incidents & requests of end-users.
- Partner with other IT teams in the development, testing & implementation of commercially & internally developed solutions
- Upon completing additional training, you will assist in various scopes of the Service Desk as needed by the business.
- You will successfully resolve more complex hardware & software problems utilizing this additional training & expertise.
- Assist the IT Field Techs & cross-functional teams, in the resolution of IT related issues for all supported platforms.
- Efficiently & accurately identify the customer's specific information.
- Appropriately document all required information into the ticketing system & the knowledgebase.
- Resolve service requests or issues as appropriate on the first point of contact or within the specified timeline.
- Meet required productivity expectations, including Service Center metrics.
- Route & Dispatch the service request to the appropriate IT support group or next level Tech, for resolution, if the problem cannot be handled within defined time constraints.
- Maintain & contribute to the in-house knowledgebase; Analyze content of resolved tickets & promote information to knowledgebase articles as appropriate, while keeping knowledgebase articles current.
- Possess the capacity to work independently & effectively while maintaining positive productivity levels.
- Maintain a positive relationship with fellow peers, cross functional teams & leadership.
- You may be asked to participate in After-Hours Support rotations, as needed (on call).
- Other duties assigned as necessary.
- U.S. Citizen and must have an ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q level clearance. An active DOE Q or DoD TS clearance a plus.
- High School diploma
- Must have a working knowledge of PC operations which include: Hardware, network settings, operating system, & MS Office applications.
- Basic to intermediate virtual desk expertise (related to equipment connectivity for computing customer).
- Ability to type 35 WPM
- Three plus year(s) of PC support, diagnostic/troubleshooting, & repair experience is required.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related discipline.
- Any Technical Certifications, ie: A+, NET+, ACMT, Microsoft Fundamentals, etc.
- ITIL v4 Foundations Certification.
- Ability to type 50+ WPM.
*This position is under SCA (Service Contract Act).
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.