Overview / Responsibilities
The Sacramento office of Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc is seeking a Senior Toxicologist / Environmental Risk Assessor to support our risk assessment and toxicology compliance practice.
The position will involve coordination and implementation of project work associated with multimedia (air, water, and soil) risk assessments and environmental regulatory compliance in the industrial/ commercial, government, and mining sectors and project management. Experience with California state regulations related to environmental remediation and emerging contaminants is required. This position offers the opportunity to work with a large and diverse team of engineers and scientists across the country to address complex environmental challenges executing the following roles/ responsibilities:
- Directs and supervises technical assignments (primarily office) and manages entire projects or specific elements of projects;
- Perform as lead toxicologist on toxicology proposals and projects;
- Provide technical review for projects to comply with environmental regulations, company standards, contract requirements, and related specifications;
- Prepare proposals and assists in preparation of large-scale proposals; and
- Occasional travel for projects, conferences, business development, or training.
Skills / Qualifications Role Requirements
- MA/MS Degree in public health, toxicology, or related applied environmental or science degree;
- At least 8 years' experience in risk assessment and environmental and regulatory compliance preferred;
- Strong background providing environmental consulting services to clients in the industrial/ commercial sector;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with exposure assessment, risk assessment, and regulatory compliance under CERCLA; DTSC regulatory oversight; and RWQCB oversight.
- Experience in AB2588 "Air Toxics"; global chemical regulation (REACH), or Proposition 65 is preferred;
- Strong work ethic and must be a self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office;
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully as part of a team and achieve team objectives; and
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (Motor Vehicle Safety) policy.
Wood's Sacramento, California office provides a broad range of services in engineering, earth and environmental sciences. Our Sacramento staff of approximately 45 engineers, geologists, scientists, and support personnel specialize largely in soil, groundwater, soil vapor, and sediment contamination assessment and remediation, and environmental compliance services. We provide comprehensive support through all phases of assessment and remediation, from preliminary screening through remedial investigation, feasibility study, remedial design, remedial action, and construction oversight. In addition, we provide storm water, hazardous materials, hazardous waste, and other environmental compliance services, and other health/ safety compliance services.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.