Marsh is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Hoboken office
Senior Technical Specialist
What can you expect?
The Senior Technical Specialist has the overall responsibility for ensuring quality of design & implementation on projects - working closely with the Service Center Leader. The Senior Technical Specialist is also responsible from a technical perspective for assisting the project manager in planning, scoping and execution of projects. This role is a key resource to identify and resolve technical issues and bridge the technical gap between the development, design and delivery teams.
What is in it for you?
We will count on you to:
- Exposure to GIT Executive level leadership
- Drive strategy / implementation of latest BI Technologies
What you need to have:
- The Senior Technical Specialist will assist in establishing the strategy and roadmap for the development of Business Intelligence strategic objectives, business requirements, HW/SW support, information delivery options, data modeling, project plans, resource requirements, and cost estimates
- The Senior Technical Specialist owns the design of the application and is responsible for interfacing with the implementation team to ensure the design is properly incorporated into their deliverables
- Lead all Developers and ensure all upgraded applications are in line with Marsh architecture standards
- Act as technical design authority collaborating with the solution architect to implement the solution
- Provide application design feedback to the project team on an ongoing basis
- Interface and liaise with Marsh's vendors and outsourcing partners
- Review detailed design and code deliverables from partner organizations
- Provide technical oversight to development teams. Work with technical staff to understand problems with software and develop specifications to resolve them.
- Responsible for effective application development including integration with other Marsh systems.
- Responsible for operational effectiveness of the environment; adhere to Marsh Process Framework.
- Provide status updates on a regular basis.
What makes you stand out?
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree, ideally in computer science or related field.
- Ability to review and provide feedback for complex applications.
- Proven experience working in onsite and offshore environment on major delivery programs.
- Knowledge ofall phases of SDLC and full lifecycle implementations.
- Exposure to Business Intelligence Technologies like ETL, Reporting and Data Warehouse
- Exposure to industry architecture and experience with design patterns
- Exposure to Cloud Technologies
- Experience in transitioning BI Technologies from On-prem to Hybrid / Cloud environments
Marsh is the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.