Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently searching for a talented Senior Structural Engineer to support our Subsea Structures group in the Houston, TX office. The Senior Structural Engineer will assist the group personnel in developing and delivering work scopes, and fill a seller-doer role on an established team.
The successful candidate must have a reputation in their field for quality project delivery and client satisfaction. The candidate should be capable of selling and performing work, be comfortable supporting a variety of assignments (from initial pursuit through close-out), and be willing to go offshore.
This is an opportunity to join a world-class organization and work with senior staff on exciting subsea projects. A self-motivated individual, who is interested in developing technically will thrive in this environment.
Key Responsibilities :
- Manage scope, schedule and budget throughout the life of a project
- Perform consulting, structural assessments and inspections, report writing, and cost estimating
- Client interaction for business development, presentations and consulting
- Coordinate with design teams to define work scope, schedule and budget
- Lead preparation of written proposals and pricing in subsea structures group
- Lead and coordinate preparation of bid and construction documents such as drawings, calculations, specifications, etc.
- Contact vendors; research literature and regulatory requirements; prepare or direct designs
- Direct, oversee and review the work of subcontractors and / or company employees - serve as lead technical reviewer
- Interact with specialists in other technical practice areas in support of multi-disciplinary projects
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Follow company safety standards, engineering processes and quality procedures
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Structural, or Subsea Engineering required
- Minimum of 5 years relevant subsea design experience, specifically the design and installation of additions/modifications to existing and new subsea structures, including Manifolds, PLEMs, PLETS, ILS, Jumpers, and Fixed Risers
- Professional Engineer license preferred
- Proficient user of the following AUTOPIPE or equivalent. Finite Element Analysis software (such as SACS or ANSYS or ABAQUS) preferred
- Proficient knowledge of subsea structures codes (AISC and API 2A)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to engage internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and work well in teams as well as mentor junior staff
- Must be an US citizen, or authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorpship from Wood.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.